Profile: ChristopherJohnson
About
User Name: ChristopherJohnson
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,500
[0.24% of all post / 0.99 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Diocletian Publishes Edict Calling for Persecution of Christians (303 CE)
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 3:07:56 AM
Great man.
Topic: The Tsavo Man-Eaters
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 12:58:29 AM
They simply make no difference. Lions have no taboos and will gladly eat you up if and when they can. So-called man-eaters however hunt exclusively humans. That is the real difference.
Topic: Earworms
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 1:35:53 AM
It's a merely psychological (i.e. manageable) phenomenon IMHO. In such cases I use a simple audio-psychological tool which I call "counter-tune" or "counter-earworm": every time an "ear-worm" begins to "play" in my head, I knowingly and voluntarily begin to hum or quietly "play" some other (more or less) catchy tune of my choice ("Sounds of Silence" or "Times, They Are A-Changin'", for instance. It always helps.
Topic: London's East End
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2021 5:09:57 AM
If you are born within the earshot of the bells of St Mary-le-Bow, you are a true Cockney. A similar belief applies to the bells the bells Cathedral of Saint Mary of Zion in my native Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.
Topic: Hattusa
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2021 3:02:09 AM
Technically, it is not "Turkish" city.
Topic: Lincoln's Birthday
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 3:31:07 AM
Charles Darwin was also born on February 12.
Topic: The Regime of the Colonels
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2021 6:11:07 AM
Their fiasco in Cyprus was spectacular. Turkish invasion was something to remember. I was only 13 years old then but I can still well remember the impression. Even Soviet official media seemed to be scared and upset.
Topic: The London Monster
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 2:01:00 AM
I would not ascribe the reports of attacks to "hysteria"; After such incidents there are always some false or mistaken reports, but generally, there is no smoke without fire - something must have really happen to cause the subsequent panic and hysteria.
Topic: How great would be the desire in every admirer of nature to behold, if such were possible, the scenery of another planet!
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2021 6:27:40 AM
Yes, for sure. We are looking forward to finding at least some microbial life in our solar system.
Topic: Janet Jackson's Wardrobe Malfunctions (2004)
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2021 6:24:46 AM
Is it really a historic event?