Profile: Yesenia Pumarada-Cruz
About
User Name: Yesenia Pumarada-Cruz
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: History is made by men, but they do not make it in their heads. The ideas that are born in their consciousness play an...
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 12:53:39 PM
History is made by people, but not by what they think, want, or plan, but by the sum of what they do and the intended and unintended consequences of said actions. However, some people have much more power than others, and although their thoughts and plans do not make history either, they condition the thoughts and actions of millions and have consequences that go well beyond their own circle. My thoughts and acts are lost to history, and have no effect upon it: they are like drops in a river. But the thoughts of some individuals and the actions undertaken by some companies, organizations, institutions, or governments, can sway the tide of history this way or that... And yet, the riverbed, which the river makes, changes much more slowly, and it is not altered so much by concerted actions but by the sum of past, present, and future actions with their consequences, and the presence of every drop. Those are the structures within which human action is constrained: history is not just the sum of our actions at present, but the sum of past actions, whose consequences are still felt and which still condition our thinking, our behavior, our possibilities, but are difficult to alter or address except for the concerted and collective effort of most.
Topic: Tongue twister
Posted: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:49:38 AM
The sixth sick Sheikh's sixth sheep IS sick. 's denotes possession. To keep it without verbs it'd have to be The sixth sick Sheikh's sixth sick sheep... (which is not a sentence, but it is a subject--it could answer the question: "Who made that noise?", or "who coughed?" "The sixth sick Sheikh's sixth sick sheep"...
Topic: "Wurst" meaning "coward"?
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:30:22 AM
well, if wiener is a spineless, weak person, it makes perfect sense for wurst to mean the same thing...
the urban dictionary offers some other possibilities...http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wurst
Topic: When grace is joined with wrinkles, it is adorable. There is an unspeakable dawn in happy old age.
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 10:53:17 AM
Victor Hugo is adorable...!
Topic: passive sentence
Posted: Friday, March 7, 2014 7:02:09 AM
I was a terrible student in my own country, so I was granted a scholarship to go abroad and be a terrible student in a foreign country.

Maybe that is the hidden meaning...?
Topic: A fight between you and your ego.
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:41:39 AM
Number 4 is the best. It sounds more literary. The other three sound pedagogical...
Topic: A fight between you and your ego.
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:41:30 AM
Number 4 is the best. It sounds more literary. The other three sound more pedagogical...
Topic: boy friend / male friend
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:37:26 AM
if for some reason you don't want to say the name of the friend (like The Parser suggested, in what i believe is the right answer) but you want to be really specific about the fact that he is a male friend, your dialogue could end like this:

Jennifer: Your girlfriend?
You (Alex): No, a guy friend