Profile: Jeff Siemers
About
User Name: Jeff Siemers
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: We loved the doctrine for the teacher's sake.
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 2:34:18 PM
Sure, that sounds good.
Topic: How dreadful knowledge of the truth can be when there's no help in the truth.
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 5:44:13 PM
Fur sure, Sophos.
Topic: There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist, except an old optimist.
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:47:18 PM
Not one of his better quotes. He's got a ton that are great but what's the deal, did he just have someone follow him around and write down anything he said with any type of quirky or ironic tone of voice?
Topic: Fine feathers don't make fine birds.
Posted: Monday, September 8, 2014 2:36:48 PM
I see what he's getting at in relation to humans, but this analogy doesn't do it for me. With birds, having fine feathers is what it's all about. The feathers make the plume which is what gets them a mate and the feathers pretty much do everything else to distinguish a bird from the rest of the animals on the planet. Therefore, having fine feathers makes a bird pretty badass.
Topic: as drunk as a German
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 1:58:53 PM
Only during Oktoberfest!
Topic: June is Audio Book Month!
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:14:53 AM
Where can you actually listen to anything on that site? None of the links take you to any stories that I can see. The user's reviews on the bottom say the same thing.
Topic: All in a Days work... so to speak.
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 11:22:08 AM
Never liked "It is what it is." Wow really, how insightful!
Topic: JUST IN
Posted: Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:03:01 PM
Speaking from a non-Native-American perspective, it does seem a little overly PC to change it. From what little research I did on "redskin slang" it looks like Native Americans referred to themselves as "red skins" and whites as "white skins". Doesn't look like it was ever intended to be racist but people were a little more straight forward back then, you didn't have to tippy toe around everyone's feelings. However, it is just a football team, if it's going to come off as offensive to people, change the name.
Topic: office vs. work
Posted: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:04:19 AM
It varies for everyone. Some people work exclusively in an office, so either term would work for them. Some people work in an office but have duties outside of it too, they should use it accordingly. They can mean the same thing, but not always.
Topic: Is "hence why' a correct usage of 'hence'
Posted: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:56:13 PM
For years they have gone unused, hence the sale of said items. Boo hoo!