Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,186
[0.11% of all post / 0.45 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: examined vs reviewed
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 9:07:10 AM
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
Hi, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following:
After having thoroughly reviewed the documents provided, including the overview of the six shortlisted markets, I recommend that X Inc. prioritize its expansion in [country A's name]. One of the main reasons behind my suggested recommendation is the significant annual growth forecasted for their market revenue, which is more than double that of second place [country B's name]. Additionally, the outstanding amount of the X industry’s market revenue, which exceeds the Z billion of dollars, and the large population of [country A's name] are two important factors which influence my choice towards this market. I also believe that these factors more than compensate for the difference in the annual consumption per person existing between the [country A's name] market and that of [country C's name].

Hi FounDit, and thank your suggestions. May I please ask you a possible synonym of influence in the penultimate sentence?
Is ... which have led me to orient my choice towards this market. ... inappropriate?
Topic: examined vs reviewed
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2021 7:59:52 AM
Hi, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following:
After having thoroughly examined/reviewed the documents provided, including the overview of the six shortlisted markets, I recommend that X Inc. prioritize its expansion in [country A's name]. One of the main reasons behind the/my suggested choice/recommendation (of this market do you need it?) is the significant forecast annual growth of the market revenue which is more than double that of [country B's name], the country with the second highest projected growth. Additionally, the outstanding size/amount of the X industry’s market revenue, which exceeds the Z billion of dollars, and the large population of [country A's name] are two important factors which has led me to orient my choice towards this market. I also believe that these factors/aspects/elements more than compensate/offset/overcompensate the difference in the annual consumption per person existing between the [country A's name] market and that of [country C's name].
Topic: affect
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 8:14:36 AM
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
Hi, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following (can you also think a way to split the last sentence into two?):
In order to assure you, as a stakeholder from X Inc., that our recommendations are based on a comprehensive understanding of the different markets, I will explain you what elements/criteria (either works) inform our consulting approach. First of all, the foundation of our consulting work is based on a thorough research into the markets X Inc. is considering expanding into with the goal/objective (either one) of achieving a solid understanding of all the variables, being both local and global, that can affect/determine (either) the success of the project.

These variables include local regulatory requirements, working cultures and conditions present in each market. And we will avail ourselves of the expertise of our global members' firms in order to manage the risks that any attempt to expand into new markets pose, whilst seizing any opportunities afforded by leveraging X Inc.’s Unique Selling Proposition.

The validity of our approach and level of awareness/expertise of/in the various nuances (present?) in each market is (further?) demonstrated/exemplified by the fact that, whilst we strive/work to ensure that any advice provided enables X Inc. to adopt a business model remaining consistent in each territory, we anticipate that any strategy should (take into account)/(allow for) such differences in order to develop an operational model enabling a commercially sustainable expansion.

Does this rewording work for you?

The validity of our approach and level of expertise in the various nuances of each market is exemplified by our demonstrated ability to anticipate such differences. We strive to ensure that the strategy and advice provided is consistent in each territory, and anticipate that such advice will enable a commercially sustainable expansion.

Hi FounDit and thank you for your advice. Would you omit First of all,, or is it better to keep it in?
Topic: affect
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 8:08:49 AM
Hi, I would like to ask you if the expressions in bold are correct in the following (can you also think a way to split the last sentence into two?):
In order to ensure you, as a stakeholder from X Inc., that our recommendations are based on a comprehensive understanding of the different markets, I will explain you what elements/criteria inform our consulting approach. First of all, the foundation/backbone of our consulting work is based on a thorough research into the markets X Inc. is considering to expand into with the goal/objective of achieving a profound/solid understanding of all the variables, being both local and global, that can affect/determine the success of this/that project. These variables include local regulatory requirements, working cultures and conditions (present in)/prevailing/characterizing each market. And we will avail ourselves of the expertise of our global members firms in order to manage the risks that any attempt(s) to expanding into new markets pose whilst trying to seize the opportunities afforded/offered by leveraging X Inc.’s Unique Selling Proposition.
The validity of our approach and level of awareness/expertise of/in the various nuances (present?) in each market is (further?) demonstrated/exemplified by the fact that, whilst we strive/work to ensure that any advice provided enables X Inc. to adopt a business model remaining consistent in each territory, we anticipate that any strategy should (take into account)/(allow for) such differences in order to develop an operational model enabling a commercially sustainable expansion.
Topic: possible vs practical
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021 12:03:44 PM
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
Some very long sentences, but I left as much as possible in your own words. My suggestions:

I believe that the ideal way to collate information about stakeholders’ needs and expectations would be, as suggested by Mark, by doing a focus group with everyone. That would enable our team to share the fundamental details of the project so that every stakeholder may gain an adequate understanding of the project, and, at the same time, can provide us with an opportunity to beneficially interact with them and better identify their needs. However, if, as pointed out by Jane, we are unable to find a time when all of the stakeholders are available to have a face-to-face meeting with our team, then a viable solution would be to arrange a video call with them. That would increase the chance (or, opportunity) to find a convenient time when they are all available, and if that is still not possible/practical (either one), arrange separate calls with all of them, individually, or in a group of multiple members.
I believe that such an option would be preferable to just sending a working document that the stakeholders can fill out with their needs and objectives and send back, because meetings would enable us to better explain the goals of the project, and what expertise our team can provide. Additionally, my proposed solution would facilitate stronger and more trusted relationships with the stakeholders, thus resulting in our team's ability to tailor our approach in better serving their needs.

Hi FounDit, and thank you for your suggestions. Actually, meetings should be replaced by one of the expressions in bold, which one (if any) is preferable:
I believe that such an option would be preferable to just sending a working document that the stakeholders can fill out with their needs and objectives and send back, because video calls/having (or speaking) by video call(s) would enable us to better explain the goals of the project, and what expertise our team can provide.?
Do you think that one of the expressions in bold should be included in the following:
However, if, as pointed out by Jane, we are unable to find a time when all of the stakeholders are available to have a face-to-face meeting with our team, then a viable solution would be to arrange a video call with them. That would increase the chance to find a convenient time when they are all available, and if that is still not practical, it would (be possible)/(allow us) to arrange separate calls with all of them, individually, or in a group of multiple members.?

Topic: possible vs practical
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 9:28:38 AM
I believe that the ideal way to collate information about stakeholders’ needs and expectations would be, as suggested by Mark, by doing a focus group with everyone. (This is because)/That would enable our team to share some fundamental(s) aspects/details of/for/regarding the project so that every stakeholder may achieve/gain an adequate understanding of the project, and, at the same time, can provide us with an opportunity to beneficially interact with them and better identify their needs. However, if, as pointed out by Jane, it would be unlikely to find a time when all of the stakeholders are available to speak/(have a face-to-face meeting) with our team, then a viable/opportune solution would be having/arranging a video call with them. That would increase the chance(s) to find a convenient time when they are all available, and if that is still not possible/practical, to arrange separate calls with all of them, either individually or in a group of multiple members.
I believe that such a solution/option would be preferable to just sending a working document that the stakeholders can fill out with their needs and objectives and send it back because doing so would enable us to better explain them the goals of the project, and what the expertise of our team can be utilized/come in. Additionally, my proposed solution would facilitate/build strong and trusted relationships with the stakeholders thus resulting in our team tailoring our approach to and better serving their needs.
Topic: accounts for
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 9:49:50 AM
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
My suggestions assuming "country Y" is an example of the name of a particular country.
There are a few reasons behind my recommendation(s) [You state "reasons", plural, and list them, but I don't know how many recommendations you offered, so can't advise on the plural] . First of all, such industry accounts for only X% of the main country Y's annual exports, which total $Z billion. Therefore, the opportunities for growth are significant as compared to almost all other sectors, which already contribute a larger percentage of the country’s annual exports.

Secondly, the analysis of the country Y's trade split according to the markets of destination suggests that the exports of products related to the country’s Z industry towards country B, account for about one fourth of such industry’s exports. Therefore, there is room for increasing this market share. The results of my analysis are confirmed by considering the tariffs for key country Y products, which are expected to mimic the current EU tariffs on goods exported to country B.

The tariff level for products connected to the country’s Z industry is comparatively low both when compared to those applied by other countries within the same industry, and when compared with the tariffs that same country Y is expected to apply on other goods exported. This means that products associated with the country Y's Z industry are expected to be competitive on the international market and, is also indicative of the government’s plan to bet on this industry to grow the country’s economy.[Or, "...the government's desire/willingness to bet on this industry..."]

Hi FounDit, and thank you for your suggestions. Therefore, is it correct to use both comparatively and compared within the same sentence as in the penultimate sentence?
With regard to the last sentence, what are possible synonyms of expected and bet on?
Topic: accounts for
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 10:28:56 AM
There are a few reasons behind my recommendation(s). First of all, such industry accounts for only X% of the main country Y's annual exports, which total/reach $Z billion. Therefore, the opportunity/ies for growth is/are significant as compared to almost/nearly all other sectors, which already contribute a larger percentage of the country’s annual exports. Secondly, the analysis of the country Y's trade split/(broken down) according to the markets of destination suggests that the exports of products related to the country’s Z industry towards country B account for about (one fourth)/(one in four) of such industry’s exports. Therefore, there is room for improving/increasing this market share. The results of my analysis are confirmed by considering the tariffs for key country Y products, which are expected to mimic the current EU tariffs on goods exported to country B. The tariff level for products connected to the country’s Z industry is comparatively low both if compared to both those applied by other countries within the same industry, and (also?) if/when compared with the tariffs that same country Y is expected to apply on other goods exported. This means that products associated with to the country Y's Z industry are expected (a synonym?)[/b] to be competitive on the international market and, also, is indicative of the government’s will/plan to bet on this industry to [b]grow (a synonym?) the country’s economy.
Topic: matter
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 9:23:30 AM
FounDit wrote:
Carmenex wrote:
I have no desire to offend you, but everything you have written here indicates the opposite of credible and confident. It's as if you've been given the task of working on X issues, but you don't trust your own work, or believe others will trust it also. So you have to prove yourself at every step. I hope I'm wrong about that. I think that if you are to present your findings, you do so with the idea that you've done your best and have confidence in that. Your supporting evidence should validate your confidence. I would rewrite the whole thing.

When presenting the findings from my work on the X issues to a different team, I would present research that confirms the validity of my findings. Before preparing the presentation, I would also inquire as to what expertise in X issues the members of the other team have. This would allow me to tailor the presentation to help hold their attention.
I would deliver the presentation as follows:
- I would first present our findings concisely but providing sources that inform the analysis and aid in drawing conclusions;
- I would include both the qualitative data, such as opinions, studies, and quantitative data, including statistics, mathematical models, computational simulations, that confirm my findings and support the validity of them; and
- I would make references to the areas that could be of particular interest to the participants and areas that matter the most to the company.

Hi FounDit, and thank you for your suggestions. In your opinion, is it appropriate to modify the first sentence by including the sentences in bold, as follows (everything is set in the future):
When presenting the findings from my work on the X issues to a different team, in order to appear credible and instill confidence in my knowledge, I will present evidence that confirms the validity of my findings. This evidence (will be gathered via)/(will be the result of) a thorough research exploring all the facets/aspects of the X issues, including their impact on the Y sector as a whole, and (on?) the company in particular (do you need it?).?
With regard the following sentences, what do you think about the modifications in bold:
Before preparing the presentation, I will also inquire as to what expertise in (the?) X issues the members of the other team have. This will allow me to (consider how such expertise is related to what I am going to present and how it can be "valued" within the presentation)/(tailor my presentation) so that they are/(will be) stimulated/encouraged to participate.

Topic: matter
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 9:41:18 AM
When presenting the findings from my work on the X issues to a different team, in order to appear credible and instill confidence in my knowledge, I would first thoroughly research the topic/subject. This/That research should aim/focus at/on finding facts/data that could back/confirm the validity of my findings. However, I believe that it is equally important to not gloss over those data from the literature that/which could apparently deny them/(my findings), trying to provide them with a convincing explanation on why the results of my work are/remain still valid. I would then discuss the results of such (a?) research with my colleague and my manager and debate/argue with them what aspects of the work, I believe, should be included in the presentation, and the best way to/of structure/ing it. When/Before preparing the presentation, I would also ask them what area/aspects of the X issues the members of the other team to have expertise about. This would also me to tailor the presentation to what they could be interested in, thus resulting in it/me being able to catch their attention.
I will deliver/structure the presentation as follows:
- I will first state/present our findings concisely but providing/citing the sources that help me build my knowledge, inform the analysis and draw any conclusions;
- I will include/(point out) both the qualitative data, such as opinions, studies, and quantitative data, including statistics, mathematical models, computational simulations, that/which confirm my findings and those that seem to limit the validity of them, providing a satisfactory explanation for the latter; and
- I will make references to the areas that could be of particular interest to the audience/attendees/participants and matter the company the most.