User Name: 108amitabha
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 21
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: sententious
Posted: Friday, April 4, 2014 12:30:25 AM
This is a powerful word to express the appropriate sense and feeling. A good addition to my stock of words.
Topic: transmogrify
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 12:43:18 PM
I am afraid this is a word rarely used. While this definitely improves one's vocabulary but has very limited option in its application. The logic of selecting words by "The free Dictionary' to educate people at large should be based more on its present usage and not to come out with a bombastic word which has no utility at all.
Topic: scurry
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:50:57 PM
Yes, it is fine.
Topic: The common idea that success spoils people by making them vain, egotistic, and self-complacent is erroneous; on the contrary,...
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 9:20:34 AM
The topic "Success" is quite interesting and has various interpretation. In general, success means happiness. To be happy or to remain happy in this world you definitely need money and material wealth. These are crucial and basic requirements for physical comfort and happiness. But is that all. No, you also require good health, fulfilling relation, active social life, a satisfying occupation for a successful life. Without these ingredients only money or physical wealth can not bring meaning to one's life.

To my mind Success is not a destination but a journey. You set up a goal for yourself and work hard to achieve it. But once you reach the target, you find that you need to climb to a higher goal to remain happy. It goes on and on. So success, therefore, has a shifting goal post syndrome in its very core. So enjoy the journey, be happy and celebrate the gift of life.
Topic: Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleeve of care The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath Balm of hurt minds, great...
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:51:21 AM
Thanks Mariam. You have expressed it so lucidly.
Topic: seclude
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:58:46 AM
Seclude (verb), seclusion (noun) are common words. The opposites are include, inclusion.
Topic: halfhearted
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 11:43:48 AM
I am not so sure whether 'halfhearted' is a single word or not. Most of the time I 've found that it is splitted and used as 'half hearted'. Like to have suggestations from readers.
Topic: Space Agency Seeking Mission Name that Is Out of This World
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 12:24:48 AM
We name it as "SKYGATE".It would be our door way to outer space and never know we may meet intelligent nighbours once we reach out thru the skygate.
Topic: fragrancy
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 12:14:36 AM
Standard and classical english prose hardly use the word "fragrancy" whille fragrance is used widely.
Topic: Gregorian Chant
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:07:04 AM
Thanks for a wealth of information. I am basically new in the subject and also come from a different culture. But both the two mails are quite informative and will surely make me persue more deeply in the subject. Thanks.