Profile: Pieter_Hove
About
User Name: Pieter_Hove
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 473
[0.05% of all post / 0.21 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: If the injustice is part of the necessary friction of the machine of government, let it go, let it go; perchance it will wear...
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 9:29:48 AM
Some liberty one still has to take other actions. I like this quote because it soothes me in a way.
Topic: Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little...
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 2:42:09 AM
Daemon wrote:
Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised, or a little mistaken.

Jane Austen (1775-1817)

Quotations, for example.
Topic: An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 1:44:11 PM
Because an idea is always bound to be in disfavour of some soul.
Topic: NASDAQ Stock Market Begins Trading (1971)
Posted: Saturday, February 8, 2020 7:13:40 AM
I think it is the London Stock Exchange, which is very old. No that is not right, it's not American. Oh I don't know.
Topic: World Religion Day
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 7:21:24 AM
Like the oecumene or ukelele : - )))))))
Topic: To found principles of government upon too advantageous an estimate of the human character is an error of inexperience, the...
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 7:14:48 AM
Please, explain! I’m too winterish-lazy to figure this one out.
Topic: Apple Lisa Launched (1983)
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 7:08:21 AM
Steve Jobs went to the Macintosh project. I remember the Macintosh being used by e.g. an architect bureau in spring 1988, in the city of Leuven, Belgium, Europe. I was a fan of this portable computer. It felt like magic on your hands.
Topic: In the bosoms of this people, thus heterogeneously composed, there was burning, kindled at different furnaces, but all...
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 1:38:22 PM
Adyl Mouhei wrote:
One would wonder whether liberty still means much to people today.

I think liberty is the result of civil constructs. Liberty is not a construct in itself. By unfortunate consequence, liberty is therefore at the same time less easy to understand, and subject to malicious manipulation.
Topic: The world in general doesn't know what to make of originality; it is startled out of its comfortable habits of thought, and...
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:35:35 AM
Oh, how this guy was ahead of his time. Especially when you state something today as an individual, based on what you hear and see on media what scientists prove, the first reaction that you get is neglection, which is far the worst reaction there is, because heaven knows what lies behind that position.
Topic: How cunningly nature hides every wrinkle of her inconceivable antiquity under roses and violets and morning dew!
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2019 6:49:40 AM
Luckily, I'm not at the office.
The brain is a wonderful organ; if starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)