Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 460
[0.05% of all post / 0.24 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Interrogative Sentences
Posted: Saturday, April 6, 2019 12:30:01 PM
Tag questions begin as a declarative sentence, but end as a question. The question is often rhetorical, so in order to aprrove of a (presumed) fact.
Topic: The sorrow for the dead is the only sorrow from which we refuse to be divorced. Every other wound we seek to heal—every other...
Posted: Saturday, April 6, 2019 9:41:25 AM
The reason why is simple: the dialogue is gone. We cherish memories. And still, we try to enliven the good memories, but with other people than the deceased one. It will never be the same, but we don't ask it to be.
Topic: The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization.
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2019 8:17:17 AM
It is already the end of the climat as we know it.
Topic: Conscience is the guardian in the individual of the rules which the community has evolved for its own preservation. It is the...
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:16:36 PM
Whew! He has thought this over.
Topic: In art economy is always beauty.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:48:18 PM
Pieter_Hove wrote:
Verbatim wrote:
"I dare say, to conclude, that whenever, in quest, as I have noted, of the amusing, I have invoked the horrific, I have invoked it, in such air as that of The turn of the screw, that of The jolly corner, that of The friends of the friends, that of Sir Edmund Orme, that of The real right thing, in earnest aversion to waste and from the sense that in art economy is always beauty."

He used only 13 commas to prove it.

Funny. Still, I like commas and such; they provide breathing space for the mind.

Or otherwise: don't write too long sentences.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:47:26 PM
Verbatim wrote:
"I dare say, to conclude, that whenever, in quest, as I have noted, of the amusing, I have invoked the horrific, I have invoked it, in such air as that of The turn of the screw, that of The jolly corner, that of The friends of the friends, that of Sir Edmund Orme, that of The real right thing, in earnest aversion to waste and from the sense that in art economy is always beauty."

He used only 13 commas to prove it.

Funny. Still, I like commas and such; they provide breathing space for the mind.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:45:13 PM
The beginning of the minimalists?
Topic: Happiness is a monstrosity! Punished are those who seek it.
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 7:09:31 AM
Happiness is an option.
Topic: It is easy enough to say that poverty is no crime. No; if it were men wouldn't be ashamed of it. It is a blunder, though, and...
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:02:50 PM
Pieter_Hove wrote:
You are poor. We feel embarrassed. We turn our backs. "Next!"
Topic: It is easy enough to say that poverty is no crime. No; if it were men wouldn't be ashamed of it. It is a blunder, though, and...
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:02:15 PM
You are poor. We feel embarrassed. We turn our backs. Next!

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.