Number of Posts: 806
[0.08% of all post / 0.27 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: big broad lines
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2022 7:47:08 AM
Thank you!
Topic: big broad lines
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 11:57:28 AM
'I belong to the unchangeable things, I was built that way. The cataclysms do not put my machinery out of order. I am built on big broad lines and my nerves are under my control.'

How should I understand the emphasized words?
Topic: model to bigger circumstances
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 10:07:04 AM
Thank you SO much, DragOn!
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 6:58:18 AM
Thank you, thar!

One of my colleagues is not sure that „so much that was good in him” means „so much of that that was good in him” (this latter is my understanding). Is he right?
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 5:50:18 AM
'We [two ladies] had him to ourselves and we could model so much that was good in him to bigger circumstances. We made him live above himself. Now he has of course gone back to old ties and old conventions that have little to do with those days of love and enthusiasm and work.'
One of the ladies is trying to confort the other one, who had fallen in love with the young man they were nurturing. The events had happened during the war (he was an officer), and after the war he left the one in love and went to marry someone else.
But what does 'we could model so much that was good in him to bigger circumstances' exactly mean?
Topic: 1:15
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 2:13:59 AM
Thank you, thar! That would make sense, though „do 1:1s individually” isn't somehow superfluous? Anyway, I looked it up again and the 5 figure seems consistently different from the S. I might still take up your idea.
Topic: 1:15
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 12:06:07 PM
I'm working on a book about economics. One of the topics is how to promote change in an organization. I find the following piece of advice (given to the change promoter): „Do 1:15 early” and „Do 1:15 individually”. It seems 1:15 refers to some kind of action you need to do with people in the organization in order to convince them to change, but I can't find anything illuminating on the net.
Topic: sweet variety
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2021 4:52:02 AM
Well, that was my puzzle, to tell you the truth: I didn't associate anal sex with the sweet kind of love.
What a slicker!

Thank you.
Topic: sweet variety
Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 8:28:47 PM
A bit of erotica here, so please read only if you don't mind it.

Two lovers 'talk of the ways to love, the sweet variety.
“What are they?” she wants to know.
He begins casually, arranging as he does a bouquet of alternatives to conceal the one he really desires. [...]
“It must hurt,” she says.
“No,” he says. Then, very naturally, “if it does, we stop."'

Well, his desire was actually anal intercourse.

I am however not sure of what 'the sweet variety" means here. What are the other variey/ties?
Topic: feathers
Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 8:18:49 PM
I don't disagree with either of you myself. You two Nordics are both fine-feathered and floating high, especially when seen from a Southeastern Latin perspective. Dancing