User Name: MAC
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 70
[0.01% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: World Cup 2014 - June 24 Google Doodle
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:58:10 PM
I guess so... it's kind of an odd doodle. Eh?
Topic: The world today and... virginity
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:37:26 PM
I think that depends most on an individual's standard of morality. For example, people that believe and live by the Bible believe that sex before marriage is wrong. However, as far as American culture, there is an emphasis on doing whatever you want, with a "if it feels good, do it" way of thinking. There are many people who would make fun of women who value their virginity. Although many Americans might consider themselves Christians, not very many actually follow the Bible.
Topic: to verb
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:56:24 PM
It needs a verb; since you have "were" and "operated," the next thing you list should also have a verb unless it is something that can be related back to "operated."

Here are some examples that would be grammatically correct:

1. ...they were quiet, smooth, and easy to handle. (all these words can modify one verb)

2. ...they were quiet, operated smoothly, and handled easily. (each word modifies a different verb)

3. ...they were quiet, easy to handle, and operated smoothly. ("quiet" and "easy" can both modify were, but "smoothly" describes how it operated)
Topic: Islam: The kids just love it.
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:41:51 PM
Wow...
Topic: cases testify
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:19:08 PM
I think cases is referring to the pots, but I'm not completely sure. Testify is actually verb; in other words, the statuettes and cases show evidence that they are poor in quality and produced in a large quantity by inexpensive means.
Topic: noticed
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 9:39:13 PM
There are many things we don't notice or realize the importance of until they're gone.
Topic: difference between "at least" and "at the (very) least"
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 9:31:19 PM
They are basically the same, but "at the very least" is more emphatic.
Topic: My quiz: some people worth knowing
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 3:34:09 PM
The pictures aren't showing up on my computer.
Topic: Forum Gold
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 2:48:47 PM
How many forum posts does it take to earn a gold badge?
Topic: What is the fastest way of earning points?
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 2:46:20 PM
Read all the articles every day, and play a lot of games. Also posting on the forum actually has a maximum of 5 points. Playing expert spelling bee will get you 15 points every time you win, and will keep doing so until you get close to 200% brain level.