Profile: doxallday
About
User Name: doxallday
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 26
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Always do what you are afraid to do.
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2014 6:41:08 PM
Vit Babenco wrote:
This advice may serve as a shortcut to the prison gates.

Spot on. Out of context, this could fuel dormant psychopaths to paint their fantasy in reality. I wonder if our good Sir Emerson inspired any so far :D
Topic: Corporation: an ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:49:35 AM
I wholeheartedly disbelieve there is a more lucid exposition about the nature of corporations than Ambrose's; and a more honest one.
Topic: There's no such thing as old age, there is only sorrow.
Posted: Sunday, February 2, 2014 9:56:13 AM
Being surrounded by family and/or grandchildren could help.
Topic: Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2014 4:05:34 PM
Democracy is an apparatus serving the 1% under the guise of human rights, preservation of privacy and freedom.
Topic: It has been observed that one's nose is never so happy as when thrust into the affairs of others, from which some...
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:37:22 AM
Monsieur Bierce, you have made my morning (perchance the remainder of today too).
Topic: There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2014 8:02:15 AM
This quote engulfs the source of most problems impeccably.

I've understood it thus: One of the greatest fears of humans is denial, hence those axing the branches were keeping the evil (from creeping onto their doorstep) temporarily, i.e. egocentric route. Meanwhile a heroic lad identified the root and assayed to exterminate this vile for all members of community - altruistic route.

Henry Thoreau receives posthumously accolades for best quotes by male (in my little book titled 'Subjective ramblings')
Topic: What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult to each other?
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 7:14:38 AM
Well Mary Ann, as jacobusmaximus pointed out, our world is concocted of devious parties who live to relish in others' suffering - regrettably.
Topic: So much has been said and sung of beautiful young girls, why don't somebody wake up to the beauty of old women?
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2013 3:34:05 AM
Well Mrs. Stowe, I find it a dispiriting agenda to write poems about wrinkled complexion and tenuous stature. But poets who know how to capture the inner allure of such dames are surely deserving of praise.
Topic: Though a man be wise, it is no shame for him to live and learn.
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 5:52:01 PM
Candid converse; I believe humility is paramount, apart from experiences, to attaining wisdom. Even though not a necessity, intelligence molds it to greatness.
Topic: The Capture of the Hodag
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 5:05:29 PM
Well executed monsieur. I'd furthermore contrive a variant by interchanging 'belief' with 'reason', and watch them persist contently within these humble, adjacent abodes as immaculate neighbors would.