Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 83
[0.01% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: nascent
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 2:09:02 PM
Dialectrum wrote:
The marijuana business in Colorado has graduated from its nascent beginnings into long-term, lucrative market.

The "Boulder Daily Camera" reported a "spike" in the freshman class last Friday...wonder if marijuana is the big draw???
Topic: Louis Braille
Posted: Sunday, January 4, 2015 8:49:24 PM
Daemon wrote:
Louis Braille

Having lost his sight at the age of three following an accident, Braille went on to attend the National Institute for Blind Youth in Paris. While there, he began developing a system of raised dots representing letters to facilitate reading and writing among the visually impaired. This evolved into Braille, a writing system for the blind, which was later extended to include notations for mathematics and music. Braille's invention was inspired by another writing system designed for what purpose?*** More...

*** In either case, Barbier willingly shared his invention called "night writing" which was a code of dots and dashes impressed into thick paper.
Topic: The artist produces for the liberation of his soul. It is his nature to create as it is the nature of water to run down hill.
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2014 12:19:19 PM
Right to the point.
Topic: Man Picks Stranger for World Trip
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 4:07:32 PM
Should be an interesting trip.
Topic: The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 2:35:37 PM
Excellent quotation
Topic: glorify
Posted: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 6:38:00 PM
All the above comments are of interest in thier own way.
Topic: In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience.
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 9:57:39 PM
Now in my eighty's...looking back I've realized:
A 20 year old can not think like a 40 year old...
a 40 year old can not think like a 60 year old...
a 60 year old can not think like an 80 year old..
this realization came to me because my father-in-law
lived with my wife and I from age 80 until his death at 93.
Topic: It is well to remember that grammar is common speech formulated.
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 10:08:05 AM
All depends on who you are talking too.
Topic: ubiquitous
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:07:25 AM
The first time I heard the word used was on a TV quiz program about 20 years ago, can not remember the title of it but contestants were required to guess words by selecting letters...a familiar phrase used then was when someone would come up with the term "the ubiquitous E" when they were asked to select a letter.
Topic: Engineers Develop Safer Button Battery
Posted: Saturday, November 8, 2014 9:28:09 AM
Very in formative and interesting, especially to someone who changes them frequently in BTE's..."behind the ear" hearing aids...with little puppies around, everything goes in the mouth and most likely ending in their stomach.