Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,720
[0.20% of all post / 1.09 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: "praise" a job
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:08:38 PM
Romany wrote:

Once again: the more simple, the better: "My friend loves his job." is what we usually say.

“He loved his job” is not equal to “He said a lot of good things about his job”. What if he said good things about his job and yet he didn’t love it? It seems so strange that English doesn’t have one simple word for that.
Topic: silvery hair
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 3:23:09 PM
Hope123 wrote:
Your model looks good for 62. That's about when I decided it was time to lose the bikini. :)

Only then? Wow! The fact that you could afford to wear it until then does you credit. I even feel the need to set the date when I start doing morning exercises.Think
Topic: ,
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 1:34:16 PM
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 2:17:44 AM
Fyfardens wrote:
Helenej wrote:
Who would call this 62-year-old woman "an old lady"?

Nobody I know, but then we try not to label people.

You seem to be too picky. Google sees old ladies a bit differently.
Old ladies

Anyway, I think I will be happy if I look that good when I’m her age.

Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 3:24:34 PM
Who would call this 62-year-old woman "an old lady"?
Yasmina Rossi
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:55:36 AM
Thanks a lot for the explanation and correction, thar.
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:52:58 AM
I know that the collocation "silvery hair" refers to a rather rare natural color, as well as to a color that you can get by dying hair.

Can you tell me please if it also refers to the color that people's hair grows with age?

Topic: Alaska returns to Russia
Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 5:51:19 AM
Y111 wrote:
Helenej wrote:

What you said at once was, “Not by standing around violent protesters for months.” The protests only lasted less than three months. This means that you considered the protesters to be violent from the very beginning.

However, I didn't mean that.

Well, if it was your genuine meaning, then I have to apologize for being rude. I’m sorry.

Y111 wrote:
I don't have the explanation, only guesses. Maybe it was someone close to him. Or someone who he still needed. Or someone who threatened to reveal compromising info about Yanukovych himself if he tried to blame and punish him.

In any case, our former president’s behavior does him no credit. I was cowardly and shameful.

Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 3:31:53 AM
Fyfardens wrote:
Helenej wrote:

By the way, what you just said doesn’t seem to be a fact-based statement either.

Quite. It wasn't presented as one. I began "There does appear to be ...". You did a similar thing in your post.

Unlike yours, my post was on the topic, regardless of being fact-based or not. Yours was a complete off-topic.

Also, if you criticize someone’s post as containing no facts, the best thing to do would be to make your own, containing facts, thus being a model.

And finally, it is the third time on this thread when, being a complete on-looker at each moment, you’ve poped up after my post, telling me what to say and what not to say. You know, Fyfardens, since your latest post, I can’t get rid of the feeling that I am being watched. Anxious That old tune is haunting me this morning.

I'll be watching you

Posted: Friday, January 12, 2018 3:25:09 AM
Y111 wrote:
Helenej wrote:

I thought the people on 30 November should seem violent to you because they attacked some policemen, as you say.

But I said it later.

What you said at once was, “Not by standing around violent protesters for months.” The protests only lasted less than three months. This means that you considered the protesters to be violent from the very beginning.

Y111 wrote:
What do you mean by "at one time"? Do you mean that 2000 policemen arrived to the square all at once, divided into groups and each group surrounded and began to beat one protester?

They beat up lots of protesters.
There were about 2,000 of riot police, according to the eyewitnesses.
2,000 riot police

Y111 wrote:
How many were murdered?

None, as far as I know. What I meant to say was that any stroke made with that force could have been the last for the person. The same with the others.

Y111 wrote:
Let me remind you that Maidan was already ending at that time. He just had to wait a little. There was no threat of any sentence to him at the moment. So I still don't see why he had to be cruel to those dozing people.

Then explain why he didn’t name and punish the guilty.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.