Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 413
[0.04% of all post / 0.15 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: She walked down the hallway towards the teacher's room
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 11:10:40 PM
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all your help and time.

I want to ask if the following sentences are grammatically correct?

"She walked down the hallway towards the teacher's room. Suddenly she met her colleague Chad an idealistic man, forty-five years old, wearing shadow stripe shirt, blue jeans. She hugged him effusively."

Thanks for your help.
Topic: Teacher Megan threatened me in front of my classmates, showing me the folder of my private records
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2020 1:43:39 PM
Thanks for your answer Sarrriesfan

Sarrriesfan wrote:
FounDit wrote:
Nikitus wrote:
Hello

First of all, I hope that all the members of this forum are out of danger in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.

I also want to thanks for all your time and help to improve my written english.

I want to ask about the following:

"Teacher Megan threatened me in front of my classmates, showing me the folder of my private records from the previous year"

Thanks and Best Regards

Thanks. Yes, I'm doing fine and I don't seem to be in any danger at all.

But I'm not sure what your question is.
Your sentence say the teacher threatened you by showing you your records from the previous year. How was that a threat? And what was the threat?

Unfortunately no I am not out of danger, I know three people that have died so far.

As Taurine alludes to what if those records contained private and personal information that the teacher knew but their classmates did not?

That they told a school councillor when that when they were younger an Uncle abused them for example a teenager would find that humility the class knew.
That the pupil had been given more time to complete an assignment because they were having a difficult time emotionally.
That they were receiving subsidised school meals because one of their parents had lost their job.

There are all sorts of things that private records might contain that a pupil might not want to be public knowledge.

This is just a story. The young student was always distracted himself in classes, laughed out loud, interrupted the teacher, ran away from classes and beat (and distracted) his classmates.

The teacher, not knowing how to handle her troublesome student, made him come forward with the pretext of going to the blackboard. However, he only showed him a folder, where it was pointed out that a couple of years ago he was peeing in bed.

It is simply a made-up story. I don't agree with doing that kind of thing.

Topic: Teacher Megan threatened me in front of my classmates, showing me the folder of my private records
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2020 1:40:42 PM
Thanks for your answer taurine

taurine wrote:
It is not something you might have called a disclosure, which forms an integral part of all stages of the criminal process, that is for sure.
It is not something you might have called the "pursuing reasonable lines of enquiry leading to the preparation of the case for prosecution".
It is not something you might have called as "relevant material" that appeared to an investigator to have some bearing on any offence under investigation.
It is not something you might have called the "revelation" as revelation refers to the police alerting the prosecutor to the existence of relevant material that has been retained in the investigation.

I will not say that, in theory, it is "nothing special".

This is just a story. The young student was always distracted himself in classes, laughed out loud, interrupted the teacher, ran away from classes and beat (and distracted) his classmates.

The teacher, not knowing how to handle her troublesome student, made him come forward with the pretext of going to the blackboard. However, he only showed him a folder, where it was pointed out that a couple of years ago he was peeing in bed.

Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2020 1:38:49 PM
First of all, thanks for your answer FounDit

FounDit wrote:
Nikitus wrote:
Hello

First of all, I hope that all the members of this forum are out of danger in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Teacher Megan threatened me in front of my classmates, showing me the folder of my private records from the previous year"

Thanks and Best Regards

Thanks. Yes, I'm doing fine and I don't seem to be in any danger at all.

But I'm not sure what your question is.
Your sentence say the teacher threatened you by showing you your records from the previous year. How was that a threat? And what was the threat?

Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2020 11:34:10 AM
Hello

Thanks and Best Regards
Topic: The teacher intervention caused the student
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:35:08 AM
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"The teacher intervention caused the student to immediately look down and remain silent, but Trish tried to continue arguing, which was immediately neutralized by her colleague and friend Amber, who gave her a stern look."

Thanks.
Topic: Once inside the room, he could see the anger of the student
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 10:28:58 PM
Hello

"Once inside the room, he could see the anger of the student, who pointed his finger at her teacher, while she smiled wryly and prepared to deliver a ruthless response."

Thanks.
Topic: Like every Friday, he went to the room
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:39:53 PM
Dear thar:

Thanks for your answer

I made a mistake.

The teacher, called Rebecca went to the classroom of her friendo Trish.

Best Regards.
Topic: Like every Friday, he went to the room
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:12:14 AM
First of all, thanks for all your time and help to improve my written english.

"Like every Friday, she went to the classroom where his friend Trish taught. She glimpsed from the hallway that Trish was in a heated argument with a student. He moved decisively into the classroom to try to save a situation that seemed to get out of control."

Thanks
Topic: Turning towards the whiteboard, the teacher Amy
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:25:33 PM
First of all, thanks for your help.

I checked it, and I made a mistake.

This is the scheme that I want to write.

This is my new attemp:

"Turning towards the whiteboard, the teacher Amy wrote: Philosophy, in a line inclined upwards Existentialism, and then in another horizontal line write Materialism. After the above, in a line inclined down Postmodernism.

In the same location as Existentialism, but a little more to the right it drew a line and then she wrote Expressionism. On a downward sloping line she wrote surrealism.

After that, In the same location as Materialism, Amy drew a straigh line and then wrote Pop Art

And finally, in the same location as Postmodernism, she again drew a drew a straigh line and then wrote Cubism."

Thanks.