Statistics
Number of Posts: 33
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: hogwash
Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 5:21:23 AM
Daemon wrote:
hogwash

(noun) Worthless, false, or ridiculous speech or writing; nonsense.

bunkum, guff, rot

The entire article is hogwash, and I demand that you print a retraction posthaste!

Great word of the day that could adequately describe the slanted version of news that we are fed daily?

Just a thought!

Thanks Daemon for providing new words for new thoughts in the day!
Topic: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the...
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:41:45 AM
Daemon wrote:
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

Sun Tzu (544 BC-496 BC)

I found a most interesting article on The Free Dictionary called The Art of War It would seem apparent that Sun Tzu knew the importance of knowing the enemy, but more importantly, knowing yourself first.

This could apply to anyone seeking to live better!
Topic: Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great.
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 3:42:13 PM
Daemon wrote:
Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great.

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

I would have to say good in theory, but after being down the hard road in my life with people, and their lies and false promises, I would say move with caution with ANY and ALL! People in 2013 are not what they seem to be, and this is quite prevalent on the Internet. Moving with great caution is advised, or surely one may just come up on the short end of hurt...
Topic: Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 11:46:10 PM
Greatest I am wrote:
Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Gods have no needs or wants that man can assuage. Gods are said to be so high above us that for any God to have such a need would be like man craving the adoration of germs.

I see us as just as foolish as germs and the creatures shown in this clip as we act the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a_uwyY_H4

I can see where at one time it would have been profitable to bend the knee to King/Gods as in the original archetype city states, as used in the original Eden myth written by the Jews, but not today.

That myth I think was written of the following reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9cvYB7Tes

Our present secular systems of governance have bested the Gods in the moral and legal senses and only the really right wing theists would want to live under the laws of the old barbaric Gods.

I am not an atheist and seek God to appease what I recognize as my spiritual side. But not to bend the knee or adore; just to improve any defect in my thinking; if I have one.

I know that there are way more followers out there than leaders but cannot fathom why someone would want to lower themselves to adore even a God unless it is strictly as a self-serving action that we hope God will recognize and reward.

That is hardly being good for goodness sake. God would know and send such hypocrites to hell. Which scriptures say is where the vast majority of us will end up regardless.

That means that you, even if you pray daily and hard, are likely going to hell along with most of those you know. In a sense, you should feel sorry for those few who make it to heaven as they must spend eternity watching their loved ones in purposeless torture. That would drive any moral person insane.

Gods have no needs or wants and has no rewards to give in exchange for what Gods have no need or want of.

The Godhead I know certainly disavows such a need or want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkT1-N0VqUc

Why then, if you are a believer, do you need or want to worship a God if not for the reward you think it will bring you?

Is your need to adore a God a defect or benefit?

Regards
DL

From Wikipedia: "Religion is the opium of the people" is one of the most frequently paraphrased statements of German economist Karl Marx. It was translated from the German original, "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes" and is often referred to as "religion is the opiate of the masses." The quotation originates from the introduction of his proposed work A Contribution to the Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right; this work was never written, but the introduction (written in 1843) was published in 1844 in Marx's own journal Deutsch-Französische Jahrbücher, a collaboration with Arnold Ruge. The phrase "This opium you feed your people" appeared in 1797 in Marquis de Sade's text L'Histoire de Juliette and Novalis's "Religion acts merely as an opiate" around the same time. The full quote from Karl Marx is: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people"

It is quite obvious that all need something, or think they need something outside of themselves to keep from taking personal responsibility, or action, to make their lives meaningful.

In fact, we all have the innate ability to govern our lives by our thinking; however, humans will always need to lean on something for support.
Topic: Stay in the Workforce to Stave off Dementia
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 11:35:58 PM
Daemon wrote:
Stay in the Workforce to Stave off Dementia

Many people nowadays are delaying retirement for economic reasons, but new research suggests this could actually be doing wonders for their cognitive health. Medical records from nearly half a million people in France indicate that remaining in the workforce can reduce the risk of developing dementia by 3.2 percent per year. The findings add to a growing body of evidence suggesting that lifestyle factors such as physical activity, social engagement, and mental stimulation—all of which employment tends to provide—have a protective effect on the brain. More...

I would totally agree with this after all, what is the point in life if you do nothing? Keeping active, no matter what age, is one of the keys to health and wellness. It is a fact that if you quit creating with the mind, the mind will stop functioning. In essence you will become a living and breathing vegetable.

I for one, had much rather wear out...than rust out!

Thanks Daemon...great article and topic!
Topic: Sooner or later we have all to pay for what we do.
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:56:47 AM
Daemon wrote:
Sooner or later we have all to pay for what we do.

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

How appropriate this morning! A couple of days ago, I wrote an article about "Karma." Oscar Wilde was indeed correct! The Universal Law of life cannot be usurped, and we always pay for our misdeeds!

Thanks Daemon!
Topic: Shall a man go and hang himself because he belongs to the race of pygmies, and not be the biggest pygmy that he can? Let...
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 6:36:53 AM
seobyclh wrote:
Daemon wrote:
Shall a man go and hang himself because he belongs to the race of pygmies, and not be the biggest pygmy that he can? Let every one mind his own business, and endeavor to be what he was made.

Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Indeed, should it not be the goal of each man, woman and child on this planet to mind their own business? I think that this should be, and actually could be, one of the most worthwhile of projects ever devised for man to follow.

Thanks Daemon for this great quote!

Studying Thoreau leads to great insights concerning life and our potential to become more aware of each and every facet of that life. Digging in deep, one soon discovers that the layers of this thinker are far ranging, to say the least.
Topic: Shall a man go and hang himself because he belongs to the race of pygmies, and not be the biggest pygmy that he can? Let...
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 6:31:34 AM
Daemon wrote:
Shall a man go and hang himself because he belongs to the race of pygmies, and not be the biggest pygmy that he can? Let every one mind his own business, and endeavor to be what he was made.

Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Indeed, should it not be the goal of each man, woman and child on this planet to mind their own business? I think that this should be, and actually could be, one of the most worthwhile of projects ever devised for man to follow.

Thanks Daemon for this great quote!
Topic: Americans Living Longer but Not Better
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:38:36 AM
Daemon wrote:
Americans Living Longer but Not Better

Between 1990 and 2010, overall US life expectancy rose by three years, from 75.2 to 78.2, yet the medical system's ability to keep Americans healthy and enjoying a good quality of life has not kept pace. Despite the fact that the US spends more per capita on health care than any other country, it has lagged behind many other wealthy nations on numerous health measures. Lifestyle factors like poor diet and tobacco use likely play a role in this. More...

It is an amazing thing to me that in my personal opinion, the medical profession is not about health and healing at all. They are more about peddling some new pill to all, that really does nothing, but seems to satisfy the masses. It is about time for all to know that healing is available from within! Pills, potions, lotions and almost everything that the drug cartel offers, (legalized medicine and physicians that is) does nothing to cure, but only serves to eliminate symptoms, while making some other bodily functions worse.

Should not health care mean HEALTH CARE?

Just an observation from one who has seen most of the bad...and not much of the good in supposed health care...
Topic: US Air Force Claims to Have Recovered a Flying Disc (1947)
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 6:28:09 AM
thar wrote:
Ah, it was not a big deal because they put something in the water to make you all forget.. forget...forget....Whistle

Well, without getting too graphic on the subject of Roswell, you could certainly be right! LOL!