User Name: Bully_rus
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,767
[0.30% of all post / 1.24 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Patience, that blending of moral courage with physical timidity.
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:46:01 AM
Daemon wrote:
Patience, that blending of moral courage with physical timidity.

Thomas Hardy (1840-1928)

Yeah. Any recipe goes if there’s one eager eater of this dish...
Topic: There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:09:48 PM
Daemon wrote:
There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.

Jerome K. Jerome (1859-1927)

Fun or otherwise, but there’s no rest in rest when you have something extraneous on your mind...
Topic: I count religion but a childish toy, and hold there is no sin but ignorance.
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:23:29 AM
Daemon wrote:
I count religion but a childish toy, and hold there is no sin but ignorance.

Christopher Marlowe (1564-1593)

Yeah. Like justice or science, but why childish...
Topic: I'll give you my opinion of the human race in a nutshell...their heart's in the right place, but their head is a thoroughly...
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2019 11:57:47 AM
Daemon wrote:
I'll give you my opinion of the human race in a nutshell...their heart's in the right place, but their head is a thoroughly inefficient organ.

W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)

Yeah. Align heart and mind – and then do something worthwhile. That’s it in a nutshell.
Topic: If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but grumble with the rest.
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2019 10:59:31 AM
Daemon wrote:
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but grumble with the rest.

Yeah. Sometimes you must hide your contentedness, sometimes you must fake it... What’s worse?
Topic: God's creature is one. He makes man, not men. His true creature is unitary and infinite, revealing himself, indeed, in every...
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2019 1:58:54 AM
Daemon wrote:
God's creature is one. He makes man, not men. His true creature is unitary and infinite, revealing himself, indeed, in every finite form, but compromised by none.

Henry James (1843-1916)

Yeah. He is busy all day long, therefore less-qualified works did some other guys. Even the less-qualified works trickle down to us and we do it in a DIY manner... It’s my version of events. Enjoy!
Topic: Those who prepared for all the emergencies of life beforehand may equip themselves at the expense of joy.
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2019 2:00:12 PM
Daemon wrote:
Those who prepared for all the emergencies of life beforehand may equip themselves at the expense of joy.

E. M. Forster (1879-1970)

Yeah. It’s a mirage and as such may tease some tired travelers along their long path to somewhere...
Topic: Nothing is more beautiful than the love that has weathered the storms of life. The love of the young for the young, that is...
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 11:33:53 AM
Daemon wrote:
Nothing is more beautiful than the love that has weathered the storms of life. The love of the young for the young, that is the beginning of life. But the love of the old for the old, that is the beginning of things longer.

Yeah. Love wasn't meant to last. So it’s a pure miracle when it does - at least for some, sometimes... I have to take off my hat, guys. Gladly, of course!
Topic: Rising genius always shoots out its rays from among the clouds, but these will gradually roll away and disappear as it...
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:08:01 AM
Daemon wrote:
Rising genius always shoots out its rays from among the clouds, but these will gradually roll away and disappear as it ascends to its steady luster.

Washington Irving (1783-1859)

Yeah. Though I am truly fascinated by these marvelous rays, I don’t understand how this wonderboy get itself into those clouds...
Topic: It is not from nature, but from education and habits, that our wants are chiefly derived.
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:27:25 AM
Daemon wrote:
It is not from nature, but from education and habits, that our wants are chiefly derived.

Henry Fielding (1707-1754)

Yeah. Chiefly derived, but sometimes derided... Who cares? Yes?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.