User Name: Bully_rus
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,698
[0.29% of all post / 1.25 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 12:44:30 PM
Daemon wrote:
Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.

Washington Irving (1783-1859)

Yeah. As with any game, the most important thing is not winning - but taking part...
Topic: I think the first duty of society is justice.
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2019 3:08:28 AM
Daemon wrote:
I think the first duty of society is justice.

Alexander Hamilton (1755-1804)

Yeah. It is better to be so, because otherwise sooner or later there would be problems of all kinds, including injustice and lawlessness.
Topic: I made up my mind long ago that life was too short to do anything for myself that I could pay others to do for me.
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:44:13 AM
Daemon wrote:
I made up my mind long ago that life was too short to do anything for myself that I could pay others to do for me.

W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)

I too made up my mind long ago that money was too short for some unjustified spending. Short life doesn’t make your money any longer...
Topic: A promise must never be broken.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:25:01 AM
Daemon wrote:
A promise must never be broken.

Alexander Hamilton (1755-1804)

Yeah. Some promises are already compromised long before they are being given...
Topic: Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 2:57:53 AM
Daemon wrote:
Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

Yeah. Why does fear have such bad reputation and press? Is it fair? Maybe it’s just the kind of phobia?
Topic: Of course poets have morals and manners of their own, and custom is no argument with them.
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:05:44 AM
Daemon wrote:
Of course poets have morals and manners of their own, and custom is no argument with them.

Thomas Hardy (1840-1928)

Yeah. Though I guess that only mere mortals don’t have morals and manners of their own...
Topic: Do not imagine you can exorcise what oppresses you in life by giving vent to it in art.
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2019 12:08:45 PM
Daemon wrote:
Do not imagine you can exorcise what oppresses you in life by giving vent to it in art.

Gustave Flaubert (1821-1880)

You can safely exercise all imagination that you have. At least there would be a place to rest from those imagined or real troubles...
Topic: Tolerance is a very dull virtue. It is boring. Unlike love, it has always had a bad press. It is negative. It merely means...
Posted: Friday, February 8, 2019 9:32:33 AM
Daemon wrote:
Tolerance is a very dull virtue. It is boring. Unlike love, it has always had a bad press. It is negative. It merely means putting up with people, being able to stand things.

E. M. Forster (1879-1970)

Yeah. Tolerance isn’t the end station of the route. It’s just a transition point...
Topic: Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears.
Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2019 11:01:20 AM
Daemon wrote:
Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears.

Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)

Yeah. Though I would shorten it to – your own...
Topic: The female of the genus homo is economically dependent on the male. He is her food supply.
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 12:14:01 PM
Daemon wrote:
The female of the genus homo is economically dependent on the male. He is her food supply.

Charlotte Perkins Gilman (1860-1935)

Yeah. It happens especially when demand by far outstrips supply...

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.