User Name: Bully_rus
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,888
[0.30% of all post / 1.24 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The reason why so few marriages are happy is because young ladies spend their time in making nets, not in making cages.
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2019 3:54:14 AM
Daemon wrote:
The reason why so few marriages are happy is because young ladies spend their time in making nets, not in making cages.

Jonathan Swift (1667-1745)

Yeah. I agree with this, that women play more important role in family than they are ready to admit…
Topic: A poet can survive everything but a misprint.
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 12:39:56 PM
Daemon wrote:
A poet can survive everything but a misprint.

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Yeah. Everyone has a soft spot. It’s just a matter of knowing how and when to push the button. Anyway, be generous and do good. They say, it will be counted.
Topic: Subdue your appetites, my dears, and you've conquered human nature.
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 1:41:46 AM
Daemon wrote:
Subdue your appetites, my dears, and you've conquered human nature.

Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Yeah. There are so many appetites - for so many things. Which one to start with, Charles? I mean, which one to subdue at first?
Topic: One does not love a place the less for having suffered in it, unless it has been all suffering, nothing but suffering.
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:00:45 AM
Yeah. There’s nothing certain under this sun! Love is not always good and suffering is not always - bad… Buckle up for this thrilling ride, that’s all.
Topic: He is wise who loveth well.
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:02:35 AM
Yeah. Well, when you are in love, you lose part of your mind. And thus it’s almost impossible to be wise in such matters...
Topic: The history of every country begins in the heart of a man or a woman.
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:56:29 AM
Daemon wrote:
The history of every country begins in the heart of a man or a woman.

Willa Cather (1873-1947)

Yeah. The starting conditions (hearts, minds or something more fanciful etc) are roughly equal for all. And therefore hearts or minds can’t be decisive in this spectacular race… There must be something else.
Topic: He was like a cock who thought the sun had risen to hear him crow.
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 1:19:16 AM
Yeah. Who knows what a cock may “think” about the sun, hen or other cock? We can only guess at best or explicitly ascribe this poor creature with our own - sometimes very deep “thoughts”...
Topic: The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it...
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:04:43 AM
Yeah, very poetic and inspirational passage. Though I believe that there’s a whole range of things that come into being without any touch of love - before or after. And I find it rather lamentable and sad, even if it’s inevitable at such circumstances…
Topic: Man tends to increase at a greater rate than his means of subsistence.
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 8:51:59 AM
Daemon wrote:
Man tends to increase at a greater rate than his means of subsistence.

Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

Yeah. There’s nothing special about it, all animals try to do the same. We just do it more successfully...
Topic: Every man desires to live long, but no man would be old.
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 6:02:33 AM
Daemon wrote:
Every man desires to live long, but no man would be old.

Jonathan Swift (1667-1745)

Yeah. We are forever young to make sometimes some stupendously foolish things...

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.