mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest
Profile: perfection161
User Name: perfection161
Forum Rank: Newbie
Gender: None Specified
Joined: Monday, August 6, 2012
Last Visit: Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:49:55 AM
Number of Posts: 24
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: lease translate into French "Choose any one"
Posted: Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:49:46 AM
I require to insert this phrase into a food and wine menu where I old require my guests to choose either one of the two dishes offered eg steak or chicken or to choose either one of the two wines offered eg red wine xxx or red wine yyy

Please translate
choose any one
choose one

as it would appear in a restauarnt fixed rice menu offering

Thank you
Topic: how do we translate/understand the French fabric term molleton
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 1:00:03 AM
Is it a generic word?

Does it have an exact english translation?

Is it different from fleece, flannel, duffel, felt and baize?

Thank you
Topic: Does a TOASTMASTER ever himslef propose a toast?
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2016 1:09:52 PM
I am a bit confused about this?
Do professional toastmasters actually propose toasts or merely announce the toasts and introduce the speakers who will prose the toasts

Wondering whether US and UK versions will differ on this as well
Topic: What woud this table overlay cloth be called in French (image in post)
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 3:55:16 AM
In English we call it slipcloth or overlay or overcloth as it is used in the restaurant industry
How would it be known in French
I am talking about the maroon cloth in the image here

Merci tout

Mr Keskar

Topic: Differnce in these types of meetings - clinic, seminar and workshop
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2016 2:39:03 AM
Can someone guide me to understand the (subtle) differences between these types of meetings/gatherings.
I am especially confused between clinic and workshop
Topic: Are 'vitrified' and 'vitreous' same / sililar words or conjugations of each other
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:01:55 PM
These are words used when it comes to describing the finish and quality of china and crockery.
I would like to know whether these words are conjugations of one another and what they mean exactly individually)

My understanding:
Vitreous: glassy translucent finish on a surface such as porcelain
Vitrified: non-porousity of a ceramic due to the processing it has undergone

So can a vitrified ceramic ware not be vitreous

Topic: Use of the word goblet with reference to glass stemware and footed ware?
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:58:56 AM
A lot of companies today use the term goblets and stemware for their range of glasses aparft from 'tumblers'!

Is there a capacity (volume) criterion difference in the way these words are used?

Yes, i am aware that goblets has been and is the term when it comes to antiquated and often religious chalices of metal with ornate design especially as they existed in mediviel ages.


Topic: specific name for a tea bag disposal plate
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2013 1:06:54 AM
Is there a specific name for a small equipment given in restaurnts specifically intended to dispose of used tea bags from cups or pots?

What would you call it anyways

I am not referring to slop basins used to strain tea (made with leaf tea)

Topic: gourmet v/s connoisseur V/c epicure v/s gastronome
Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:17:57 PM
Can someone help me understand the difference between these terms (if there is any)??

Topic: which is more correct grammatically
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:56:40 PM
Education institutions under our trust
Educational institutions under our trust

Which of the above two is more correct as far as the title of one of my preentation slides is concerned