Profile: stan_n
About
User Name: stan_n
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: As long as war is regarded as wicked it will always have its fascination. When it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to...
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2012 9:24:51 AM
War has always been vulgar, hasn't it?
Topic: Giving comfort under affliction requires that penetration into the human mind, joined to that experience which knows how to...
Posted: Friday, August 3, 2012 2:13:43 PM
With all my respect to Mr. Fielding, but (in my view) if one (good-intentioned) person wants to really comfort another, then the former one should at least know what problem (or problems) have upset the latter person and how to solve them. Otherwise it is quite deceptive and hypocritical to try to comfort a person whitout knowing the cause of his (or her) grief.

Also, I take it that all kinds of ridicule should be totally avoided when trying to soothe someone (if we are well-intentioned towards that person).
Topic: Misfortune, n.: The kind of fortune that never misses.
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 2:17:31 PM
May God bless all the people, so that all our misfortunes to transform into kind (good) fortunes that never miss!!! Amen!!!
Topic: God is for men and religion is for women.
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:10:33 PM
I just can not understand this thought !?!

Are not God and religion equally for all of us?

And are not men quite connected to women? But I think that much more connected are God and religion!

I take it, that religion is a gift bestowed to us by God, so that we can learn His Commandments & wise messages and use them as the fundamental guiding principles in every moment of our lives!

But why should we know them and comply with them?!? Why is that?

In my view, only thus we all can live really long and peaceful lives! Only thus everyone can be highly virtuous and knowledgeable and happy and productive! Only thus people will be least destructive!!

But won't we lose our freedom then?!

I think we won't, because true freedom for people is to be independent of vices and to depend on virtues?
Topic: To be blind is not miserable; not to be able to bear blindness, that is miserable.
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:08:42 PM
Please, do not deceive yourselves!

I do not know neither the occasion on which Milton had said this, nor if he had put some secret meaning in it, but both things are miserable!!

To be blind is miserable and not to be able to bear blindness is miserable, too.