Profile: Taliesin ap Elphin
About
User Name: Taliesin ap Elphin
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 54
[0.01% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Life in, out of, or days after the womb?
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:28:27 AM
I'm just curious to see what you all think about this. I was reading an article that stated that scientists are beginning to say that a newborn baby is no different than a fetus, because it cannot truly think yet. So, from that perspective, a person would feel guilt-free of "aborting" that newborn. That made me curious as to what you all believed. When do you think life begins?
Topic: What would you think about this?
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2012 3:23:56 PM
*punch*
But seriously - if I ever say something offensive, don't hesitate to slap me around.
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2012 2:36:55 PM
When a person allows themselves to dwell on anger, or allows unrighteous anger to creep in, then they are sinning. Maybe you weren't sinning, but I have no doubt that I was not behaving in a God-glorifying manner. And for that I apologized.
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2012 1:02:00 PM
What I meant by that, is that it supports Romans 3:23 where it says "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Basically explaining how we're all sinners, and none of us deserve eternal life in Heaven with God. But "God demonstrates His own love for us in this: That while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8 That verse shows that because Christ died, we can be forgiven of our sins, "wiping the slate clean," so to speak. This thread has been a great example of how much we need Christ and forgiveness from God.
Topic: Do you believe before life?
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2012 12:13:08 PM
An interesting belief, to say the least. I've often heard of beliefs similar to this, but never quite this variation. I cannot admit to knowing what God does with our souls immediately after death, but I know that I would like to think that He creates new ones with every birth, and does not "reuse" the soul. However, as previously stated, I cannot proclaim omniscience.
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2012 12:05:49 PM
To all concerned (specifically, Ms. B. Have): I know that I can often be a hot-head, and especially so when involved in the topic of religious beliefs. I am the type of person who is often very passionate - far too often I am TOO passionate. I apologize for any offensive remarks I might have made.

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Miss B and Taliesin,
looking at your debate here; you are not great examples of Christian charity and tolerance. Sad to see.

I have to agree with you, Jyrkkä. I am trying to work on increasing the length of my currently short fuse. I suppose that this thread in it's entirety is a fantastic example of why we needed Christ to die for us, huh?
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2012 8:20:25 PM
I don't need a self-deceived "theologue" to tell me what to believe. I don't need any tests run on the Bible to dictate what I should believe. I believe, because I have experienced the Holy Spirit. I believe that the Canon is truth. And this is the truth that I follow. I will never follow a blind person such as yourself or your "theologues."
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2012 6:27:58 PM
I suppose from your point of view I cannot, in all reality, truly know that, can I?

However, I can know that the canonical scriptures have survived the bibliographic, the internal, AND the external tests with flying colors. So, I suppose I CAN know that I can trust my Bible, can I?
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2012 6:12:09 PM
Historical assumptions to be precise.
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2012 5:26:06 PM
Very honest. Thank you, Hope1. Man is in no way God-like OR superior. There had to be someone to lead, and God chose Man to lead. In addition, being the leader doesn't make you superior. It just means you have a different job. But thank you for being honest.

As for you, Ms. B. Have: Tell your beloved theologues that the blind can only hear what others tell them. Only God Himself can make you see. The Holy Spirit has come into my life, so I KNOW (yes, I said KNOW) my God. And let me tell you this: I will NOT stand for anyone who declares the heresy that you have declared. That Jesus is not the Son of God? That the Gospel was probably made by people who just wanted something to believe in? I'm not fooling myself, and i know I'm not fooling you. Satan stalks about like a roaring lion, seeking whomever he may devour. I am sorry for making this a technically opinionated explosion, but I'm sorry for you, because you have been terribly deceived by the Darkness in this world. It is apparent neither I nor you will change each others' beliefs, so I say that we should simply let it rest and offer it to the LORD.