User Name: RedStar
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 49
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Obama Unveils Proposals for Toughening Laws on Guns
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:05:00 PM
Hopefully this is the beginning of a long list of presidential edicts that will surplant a disagreeable congress. The removal of guns is primary in order to gain total control of a stubborn public. We need one man to make the decisions that are best for this country. Hopefully it will be part of the movement toward a new world order. One government, one individual in charge of the planet. It will happen. It's just a matter of time.
Topic: Was "independence" such a good idea?
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 3:07:10 PM
early_apex wrote:

Your faith in government is awe-inspiring!

The one big difference between me and a lot of others on this board is that I’m not embarassed to stand up for what I am. I am a communist and proud of it. The majority here want serious gun control, but the majority in the U.S. do not. What could be easier than one leader simply saying “no more guns”. I hope that our president will do that soon.

Many here want a greener planet. What could be easier than for the president to decree that there will be no more gasoline powered vehicles. But the people would be hesitant to do that. Many here want to see us all staying healthier. What would be easier than the president decreeing that red meat will no longer be sold in the United States? But the majority of the people insist on eating what they want, not what’s best for them.

You see - one ruler with total control can make those decisions, while you here simply lament that we can’t do it because of those mean old republicans. To H@@l with the republicans. We have a man in charge who can decree that these things should be done. It’s time for someone to be in control - and not just for eight years.

So when you look at the causes that many of you champion, there’s not that much difference between me and a lot of you. A lot of you talk a big game, but don’t want to be branded. it's time to get past that and give the government the power to do the things that need to be done, regardless of what the majority think.
Topic: Was "independence" such a good idea?
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 9:36:42 AM
TheParser wrote:
Starting in the 1960's, many countries (no names, of course) started to get their independence.

Since then, many of those countries have experienced the most unspeakable acts of violence, corruption, and poverty.

Some people say that if the European powers had continued to rule, then those countries would today be prosperous societies.

And millions of people would never have died in brutal civil conflicts.

I do not have an opinion. I would like to know your opinion.

Thank you

Without question independence is overrated. Nations with a single ruler are far better off. The United States needs a definitive ruler who can enact laws and make decisions without the intrusion of a legislature. Personal rights and independence has often gotten in the way of progress for the masses. We need to bypass the people. The government knows more about what's best for them than they do. I can only hope that we are now moving in that direction.
Topic: Rational Gun Debate
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:51:28 PM
Daveski wrote:
FounDit wrote:

We, here in the U.S., established a Government that was to be limited, controlled by we the people, and the best way to do that is with an armed citizenry.

That's ridiculous. In a democracy, all you need to do to change the government is to vote someone else into power. If you need to be armed to do that you don't live in a genuine democracy.

You're right, Daveski. And to go further, I believe the government should arrest all people like Maggie who want to keep guns as a possible weapon against the government, and, in fact, remove ALL guns from the general populace. She and people like her are threats to the common good of the people. Those who resist should be put behind bars with the likes of Maggie. The government needs to have control over its citizenry if it is going to protect them.

Topic: It's about time: The Government is the only thing we all belong to"
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:02:17 AM
Finally. We are moving in the right direction - a direction in which Government is seen as the beginning and the end for each of us. It has taken hundreds of years for this country to finally realize that it is not about the individual, but is all about the collective. Larger, more powerful government is the answer. The Democrat party alluded to this transition, but did not take it head on. That will come later.
Let us stand and cheer our collective acceptance - and allegiance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLa9Te8Blw

As an aside, it is also refreshing to see that the Democrat Party platform has removed any reference to GOD or to Israel. Neither offer significant importance to the overwhelming need that we have to move to that next level.
Topic: Huge applause for the Supreme Court
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:42:48 AM
Margarit Bamllari wrote:
[color=green]Here we go again folks two years back. Disregard all the above posts.

Link is here: http://news.yahoo.com/house-gears-repeal-obamacare-again-100159451--abc-news-politics.html

Thankfully this bill will never be repealed. The course has finally been set and the American people have spoken. They/we WANT the government to be our primary caretaker, and in return, we shall all do our jobs equally with equal return for our labor. Without this healthcare law, it would take a lot longer for the government to have this level of control over our nation's resources and people.

Let the government do its job. And someday, probably after we are all no longer alive, the planet will see the ultimate outcome: A one world order.
I just wish I could live long enough to see it.
Equality for all people.
Topic: The State of American Health Care: A Personal Perspective
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2012 1:44:45 PM
ellana wrote:
I have to agree with the majority opinion stated so far that healthcare USA is shocking and shameful and in dire need of a revamp so that all are 'treated' equally. In this day and age, a dollar driven healthcare policy with its highly selective criteria of adhesion cannot and does not serve the masses. I hope that Americans wake up and support reform for the greater good.

You're absolutely right. We need to continue reforms that support the greater good and NOT the individual. Hopefully, we'll have a single payer system soon that will allow the government more control over those things that affect our wellness in order to raise the overall level of everyone's health.
Topic: I've been a great deal happier ... since I have given up thinking about what is easy and pleasant, and being discontented...
Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2012 1:32:41 PM
Daemon wrote:
I've been a great deal happier ... since I have given up thinking about what is easy and pleasant, and being discontented because I couldn't have my own will. Our life is determined for us—and it makes the mind very free when we give up wishing, and only think of bearing what is laid upon us, and doing what is given us to do.

George Eliot (1819-1880)

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying all along. Accept what is best for the whole, and let the government determine what those things are. Individualism and one's right to flourish, or to obtain more material things than our neighbor just because we want to is totally against the best interests of the rest of us. That kind of thinking is a waste of resources. As a nation we are finally on the right path. We need to keep moving down it. At some point we will also accept a world order in which we shall have world laws and world limits. If we do not, then our planet is doomed to its own destruction.
Posted: Thursday, July 5, 2012 5:06:13 PM
DavidScott wrote:
I'll only address one issue just now, and that is the fact that the Republicans, who have attempted to bring our country to its knees just to get their man in (whoever, they could give a shit), didn't get everything they wanted...this victory may be a minor one, but it is a victory.

I agree with you, David. With one exception. This victory is MAJOR. It opens the door to so many options.
Posted: Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:26:45 AM
Epiphileon wrote:
RedStar wrote:
Tell me where I'm exaggerating.

RedStar wrote:

I see a president whose power is increasing almost daily, who is finally able to act independently when necessary without the shackles imposed a by congress ... he will continue to act as he sees fit - to the benefit of those who have long been last in line.

These are definitely exaggerations, the President would probably be the first one to tell you that what he envisioned he could accomplish, and what he has, or will be able to, accomplish with the current congress, are vastly different things and that much of his plan has been frustrated. Also if you understand the constitution it is impossible for the President to enact any legislation independently. The recent Supreme Court decision in no way expanded the powers of the President, and the decision was not a total win, they struck down part of the law. If Mr. Obama had the type of power you seem to think he has, we would have a very different tax structure by now.

RedStar wrote:
by congress intent on rendering him politically impotent until the election in November.

This is no exaggeration and has been the republican agenda since he was elected.

I disagree. Our president has taken the next step in the use of Presidential orders. With this power, he has/is/ and will continue to circumvent the laborious process of going through a hostile congress. The conservatives complain and make ridiculous claims about being unlawful, but they're powerless to override his orders.

Because of this, the goal of moving to a fairer system is ongoing and it will continue.