Profile: stefanomarcelli
About
User Name: stefanomarcelli
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 15
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: So the days pass, and I ask myself sometimes whether one is not hypnotized, as a child by a silver globe, by life, and...
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2012 2:09:33 PM
Dear Verbatim, really I do not know whether Woolf was a mystic person, possibly she was, but in a full way. Surely she was a writer, a greatest one. So she wondered and wrote about what is living, especially if living is a hypnotic-like state. :-)
Topic: So the days pass, and I ask myself sometimes whether one is not hypnotized, as a child by a silver globe, by life, and...
Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:54:33 PM
Verbatim wrote:

Hi Stefano,

By the way: What is theomagnetic anything to do with God?

Yes Verbatin, it does. Theomagnetism, is a neologism I use to explain "scientifically" the attraction (-magnetism) of God (theo-, the invisible component of beings) toward the visible component, the matter. This combination would be the life that fundamentally is electromagnetic. Those who really think - as Woolf seems able to do - or meditate or pray or study or sincerely follow whatever "Knowledge Way", lessen that attraction of God toward the matter and so contemplate the Divine Source beyond tragedy and comedy.
Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 11:29:26 AM
Dear Hope2,

the Rolling Stones sang: "If I were a good man, I talked with you more often than I do".
Always there are stronger priorities winning over those feebler, and we live as we were eternal (and good men and women), as we really are in our theomagnetic original state, not individuals but tiny fragments of a Species.

Silver Globed Hypnotizing Regards :-)

Stefano
Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:25:54 AM
Please could a gentle fellow tell me what Woolf meant by "silver globe"? Modern children surely cannot be hypnotized by nothing but any sort of screens of images (little exceptions are books). Was a silver globe an instrument for hypnosis or to make children sleep? Thanks.
Topic: All truly great art is optimistic. The individual artist is happy in his creative work. The fact that practically all great...
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 2:42:00 PM
The cat I see is a dog. The dog you see is a cat, but not the same cat: it is a "tac" that's a specular dog.
These are those and a is b et rose is only for the rhyme.
The phrases above are not phrases like the progressively subtractive phrase below.
Which are the names of the Five Continents? the Four Continents are three: Asia and Africa.
Topic: "How do I get you alone?"
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:33:28 AM
richsap wrote:
"How do I get you a loan?". Whistle

Fantastic!
Topic: "How do I get you alone?"
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:32:05 AM
lektem wrote:
Thank you.
The Free Dictionary does not give that definition, doesn't it? There are so many definitions of "to get"! It's hard to tell.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/get

As an Italian I am not the right English man to give you the right answer, however to understand the verb "get" it is enough to think it is a sort of high potency of the verbs "have" "give" "receive" "make" and a few other dozens.

eat it - get it
buy it - get it
possess it - get it

et cetera...

True English men (in London as in New York :-) certainly will descend from the English Grammar Tower to deny, confirm or correct the poor opinion of a Latin alphabet inventors' descendant.

Stefano
Topic: Giacomo Leopardi (1798)
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 9:23:53 AM
One of the most strong and meditative poem I love:

Leopardi, Giacomo. "The Infinite." Translated by Henry Reed. Listener 43, no. 1113 (25 May 1950): 924.

THE INFINITE

Always to me beloved was this lonely hillside
And the hedgerow creeping over and always hiding
The distances, the horizon's furthest reaches.
But as I sit and gaze, there is an endless
Space still beyond, there is a more than mortal
Silence spread out to the last depth of peace,
Which in my thought I shape until my heart
Scarcely can hide a fear. And as the wind
Comes through the copses sighing to my ears,
The infinite silence and the passing voice
I must compare: remembering the seasons,
Quiet in dead eternity, and the present,
Living and sounding still. And into this
Immensity my thought sinks ever drowning,
And it is sweet to shipwreck in such a sea.

Topic: A man can never quite understand a boy, even when he has been the boy.
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:58:36 AM
percivalpecksniff wrote:
At the age of six I retired to lead a life of dissolution having done my bit… so to speak.
Compliments! :-)
Topic: A man can never quite understand a boy, even when he has been the boy.
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:48:33 AM
I completely agree. The simple reason is that the adult has been another boy in another time, place, situation. Furthermore the boy is individually younger (e.g. my daughter who is eleven old) than the adult (e.g. me, I am fifty three old), but considering the age of the human species in its entirety the boy is older than the adult (my daughter born in 2000 is older than me born in 1958). In fact we are spontaneously used to consider the prehistoric men younger than us, and this is true. So also the modern man cannot completely understand the prehistoric.