[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: "it was the suits that offended me"
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:36:58 PM
Thanks everyone!
Topic: "it was the suits that offended me"
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:26:20 PM
In context:

Backstage Adele explained: "I flipped the finger but it wasn't to my fans. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but it was the suits that offended me. Thank you all very much and thanks to my fans. I don't want them to think I was swearing at them."

What does "suits" mean in this sentence?

Thanks in advance!
Topic: wet led?
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:58:28 PM
saw an online job post saying, "...years experience gained from .... and wet led environments."; tried web search to no avail; would appreciate anyone who knows the 'what' and 'why' of this term; thank you.
Topic: Accrued Remedies
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 2:32:00 PM
Absence any reference to its proper context, my guess is that these remedies are those that survive the termination of a contract. These may include breach of confidentiality rule, non-competition clause, infringement of copyright, etc...
Topic: ...and...was(?)
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 5:24:27 PM
Thanks everyone for a truly elucidating discussion.
Topic: ...and...was(?)
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:18:17 PM
I was browsing a book my kid's currently reading, and this clause caught my eye:

"...and she asked us where our lawn mower and all our equipment was."

Is "was" acceptable in this sense?

Thanks in advance.
Topic: Claimed for work done....means?
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 1:38:50 PM
See Quantum Meruit Principle.
Topic: "Dated as received"
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 9:06:13 AM
Hi Merve,

The phrase in the contract you referred to means that the mail was dated and received on the same day, November 7. There is nothing wrong to simply say the mail was "received on November 7" unless reference to the date of the mail is relevant for purposes of establishing agreed periods in the contract.

Hope this helps.
Topic: legal term
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 4:04:52 PM
I also think that "rejection" here should be understood to mean any challenge to a decision rendered by court. And, as already explained, such challenge could come in the form of an appeal. In some jurisdiction, a Motion for Reconsideration is also permitted before the decision is elevated to a higher court. The purpose of an MR is to give opportunity to the court to correct its mistakes or errors in the decision.
Topic: GREATEST INVENTIONS OF ALL TIME!
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 3:55:54 PM
Politics, Religion, & Insurance
(not necessarily in that order)