User Name: dangeralert
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 62
[0.01% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: FINE as an adverb
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 8:51:41 PM
That sentence is slang. It uses fine as an adverb to describe how he answered the exercises.

Wikipedia wrote:
In English, adverbs of manner (answering the question how?) are often formed by adding -ly to adjectives. For example, great yields greatly, and beautiful yields beautifully.

According to this rule, you could say "He answered the exercises finely." If you don't like how that sounds, you could try adding another word besides fine, such as well.
Topic: Games Rated
Posted: Sunday, July 3, 2011 5:01:40 AM
I think ratings are a great idea. I come from a time when essentially every game was friendly toward any age. I personally don't mind all the graphic games these days, and though they may have mature ratings, they do appeal to younger kids. My father-in-law constantly plays Call of Duty, and my six year old stepson tries to watch him all the time. I feel like he hates me when I tell him he isn't allowed to watch that stuff, but it has that rating for a reason so I don't feel as bad. I remember playing Tecmo Bowl when I was a kid and I never would have imagined seeing some of the games that are readily available for children to watch and play.
Topic: BUSINESS
Posted: Sunday, July 3, 2011 4:57:10 AM
I work in the semiconductor industry. The highlight is that it never stagnates because it's always evolving. There is constant competition between manufacturers to be the best, produce the best quality at the lowest price, etc.

In fact, my company is paying for me to take college courses that will help me be eligible for promotion. We have sites worldwide and partnerships with some of the biggest companies in the world.
Topic: JUDAS by Lady Gaga
Posted: Sunday, July 3, 2011 4:48:40 AM
thar wrote:
And she may be a fame-obsessed mediocre singer with terrible dress sense and an immature need to shock

I have been trying for years to articulate just how I feel about her, and you just nailed it right on the head. Kudos!
Topic: History
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 5:58:38 AM
Anything occuring in the past is history. I don't think there's much of a gray area to it. You can break it down into categories like ancient history, modern history, etc., but history seems very well defined.
Topic: sleeping disorders
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 5:56:46 AM
I think the problem that most people (myself included) have when they can't sleep is they go to the computer or TV to help ease them to sleep. Blue light such as the light emitted from electronic screens has been proven to inhibit sleep, similar to how daylight/blue sky promotes the Circadian rhythm and makes us want to be awake during the day.

Try exposing yourself to more sunlight during the day. Also regular exercise or physical activity will make you more tired at the end of the day as well. I used to take sleep aids (Tylenol/Advil PM, etc) but hated that they took an hour or more to kick in and I would feel so groggy when I woke up the next morning. A friend told me about melatonin, a chemical that occurs naturally in our brains, that aids with sleep. You can buy melatonin pills at most stores (Walmart, Target, GNC, grocery stores in USA), and it's completely safe to take. I usually take between 3-6 mg if I'm having trouble sleeping and it starts to take effect within 15 minutes or so. You have to be laying down and actually trying to go to sleep to notice the effect however. When I first started taking it, I would have some pretty crazy dreams, but nothing horrible. You might wake up a time or two during the night, but it's very easy to fall back asleep if/when you do. Best of all, you won't feel groggy when you wake up the next morning.

Research it yourself if you like. There are many tips and tricks out there but your results will vary. Good luck!
Topic: Game with verbs
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 4:30:51 AM
toss
Topic: GAME:-ENDING LETTERS COMES FIRST IN NEW WORDS
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 4:29:55 AM
animal
Topic: word association(Psychoanalysis)
Posted: Friday, July 1, 2011 4:28:43 AM
karate kid
Topic: Game with verbs
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:41:26 AM
expression