Profile: 1dreamer
About
User Name: 1dreamer
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 49
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The evolution of man is slow. The injustice of men is great.
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:22:25 AM
...but it's decreasing. Applause
Topic: Men become old, but they never become good.
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:49:10 AM
Morphine band: "A good woman is hard to find"
Topic: The properties of ink are peculiar and contradictory: it may be used to make reputations and unmake them; to blacken them and...
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 6:02:34 AM
The, he does not speak too well of the integrity of their profession because professional journalist should be free regardless of the publication for which work just as now.
Whistle
Topic: Life is a luminous halo, a semi-transparent envelope surrounding us from the beginning of consciousness to the end.
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:57:05 PM
To the end?
of the world?
Topic: To live was then in itself a delight, because living implied seeing.
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:52:01 AM
My two children were born looking around with wide eyes.
I guess the question of "seeing the real world" not only depends on physical aspects (age, senses) but also mentally.
And seeing the real world not always it´s a delight. Sometimes it´s better to close the eyes.

On the other hand, the story of Flatland does not fit reality: each person is unique and being not only depends on heredity. It depends on your personal development, sense and sensibility.
An icosahedron can be a child of an isosceles triangle as well.

peace+love MV.

kitten wrote:
Daemon wrote:
To live was then in itself a delight, because living implied seeing.

Edwin Abbott (1838-1926)

The above quote comes from the mathematical and religious allegory Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions--1884. Section 8--Of the Ancient Practice of Painting.

Writing pseudonymously as "A Square",[1] Abbott used the fictional two-dimensional world of Flatland to offer pointed observations on the social hierarchy of Victorian culture. However, the novella's more enduring contribution is its examination of dimensions, for which the novella is still popular amongst mathematics, physics, and computer science students.

When all others had succumbed to the fascinations of corporal decoration, the Priests and the Women alone still remained pure from the pollution of paint.
Immoral, licentious, anarchical, unscientific — call them by what names you will — yet, from an aesthetic point of view, those ancient days of the Colour Revolt were the glorious childhood of Art in Flatland — a childhood, alas, that never ripened into manhood, nor even reached the blossom of youth. To live was then in itself a delight, because living implied seeing.

Flatland--Overview

I can say after reading his two-dimensional story occupied by geometric figures, that "we as women are considered "simple line-segments, who are required by law to sound a peace-cry as we walk" is interesting to say the least. Silenced

Or as he puts it >>>>> "If our highly pointed Triangles of the Soldier class are formidable, it may be readily inferred that far more formidable are our Women. For if a Soldier is a wedge, a Woman is a needle; being, so to speak, ALL point, at least at the two extremities. Add to this the power of making herself practically invisible at will, and you will perceive that a Female, in Flatland, is a creature by no means to be trifled with. "

Please thank Wikiquotes for the quote in context and Wikipedia for the additional information on Flatland.

peace-cry, >^,,^<
Topic: She had been forced into prudence in her youth, she learned romance as she grew older—the natural sequel of an unnatural...
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 1:46:16 PM
I guess each person is different.

Greetings to those who do follow the blogs of others
from USA
Whistle
Topic: It is a maxim among these lawyers that whatever has been done before, may legally be done again: and therefore they take...
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:45:02 PM
Yes, specially for "the general reason of mankind".
Applause
Topic: Ignorance is not so damnable as humbug; but when it prescribes pills it may happen to do more harm.
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 5:00:19 AM
They say that ignorance of the law is no excuse for non-compliance. I disagree with that because
all we know that law can be interpreted in different ways (money knows it too),
and even judges and politics are human like the ignorants, liars, etc, but the first ones make laws and, of course, they know them and take benefit of it, or are bad for society.
So, who are more damnable?
Topic: Though I am an old horse, and have seen and heard a great deal, I never yet could make out why men are so fond of this sport;...
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 7:30:31 AM
Women know that men likes complicated issues.
This is part of their strategies.
She is the one that allows you to be hunted or not.
Shhh
Topic: Is it not better...to lead a good fashion than to follow a bad one?
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:00:13 PM
Horses are the most noble animals that exist.
Are unicorns still here?
Hear "On horseback" theme from Mike Oldfield,