Number of Posts: 62
[0.01% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: half again as much as
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2020 8:31:51 PM
Thanks!
Topic: half again as much as
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:19:15 PM
Hi, could you help me with clearing up the true meaning of the phrase "half again as much as" in the following context: The nursery had cost half again as much as the rest of the house. Does it mean that the nursery costs twice as much the rest of the house? I`m asking since Google Translator offers the two diametrically opposite translations.
Topic: Post for sports blogger's followers
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:10:47 PM
Thanks!
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2020 12:53:10 PM
Thanks' and I wrote those words: Here to be seen. Here to grow. Here to take over (and the picture attached demonstrates varied types of food). My student follows this sports blogger and asked me to help with the translation of mentioned above words.
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 12:43:15 PM
Hi, could you please help me with understanding of the true meaning of the words (slogan) given by the sports blogger as follows: Here to be seen. Here to grow. Here to take over
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1260799237604298&id=100010227011113
Topic: Apply or Applied
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:47:44 PM
Hello! Could you, please, explain me why we don`t use a Passive form of the verb "to apply" in the following sentense: As we know, going green is a matter of changing attitudes, and this applies to both hotel owners and to guest.
Topic: Past perfect with WHEN
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 6:28:38 PM
Hello! I`ve been told that in compound sentences we should use the Past Simple Tense with conjunction WHEN, especially when it comes to sequence of completed actions, listed in order they happened, like "When the rain started, we left the beach". in this case, how to explain the use of Past Perfect within the following context: The car had gone when I looked into the street? The 1-st part of the sentence refers to the 1-st event in the past in a sequence of events (first, the car went), and the 2-nd refers to the 2-nd event in the past (then, I looked into the street). Therefore, I`m completely lost. And one more example: Had you already left when the trouble started?
Topic: have gone a few times
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 4:36:48 PM
Applause thanks!
Topic: have gone a few times
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2017 4:11:59 PM
I try to understand how to explain the following use of the construction "have gone" to my students as it`s mentioned within this context: I have gone there a few times. As for me, the most appropriate option would be "have been" instead of "have gone", but I took this sentence from respectable text-book.
Topic: MIND in a continuous use
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 2:59:32 PM
No, it was like this: He was walking and he was minding ....