Profile: Arymbs
About
User Name: Arymbs
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 12
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:43:30 AM
Certainly, education's goals are further thah these mentioned by President Kennedy. Among others, they are to develop people's critical reasoning, allow people to discover their habilities and talents and make people capable of resolving problems. As MTC told, the dissemination of truth is a very questionable aim of education, so I agree only with the first goal of education listed by the President.
Topic: Happiness is a monstrosity! Punished are those who seek it.
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:17:53 PM
It means the mankind must to be conformed to sadness, depression and agony even existing a better feeling which makes life easier, improves relationships and enables who owns it see the world from optimist eyes! No matter its durability, genuine hapiness produces uncountable benefits!
Topic: It wasn't until late in life that I discovered how easy it is to say "I don't know."
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 10:27:38 AM
uuaschbaer wrote:
Daemon is not a person, it's a computer automated process. And if there is one thing I'm not anxious for, after seeing Watson on Jeopardy, it's having computers wake up.

Neither do I....hehehe!
Topic: Early Balding Linked to Prostate Cancer Risk
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:24:27 PM
Vickster wrote:
My father nearly died from prostate cancer...and has a full head of hair!!!

Hello, Vickster, I am sorry. This study's aim is point some caracteristics that indicates the trend of developing this disease and early balding might be just one of them.
I am really sorry for your father.
Topic: Money's a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet.
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:18:18 AM
Xeslaster wrote:
Ah yes! Earn it justly, use soberly, distribute cheerfully, leave contentedly : )

I liked it! You summed up, terrifically, the conscious use of money!Applause
Topic: Teach us Delight in simple things,
And Mirth that has no bitter springs;
Forgiveness free of evil done,
And Love to...

Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:13:42 PM
MTC wrote:
This stanza from a longer poem called "The Children's Song" is a perfect example of why when reading Kipling we should not throw the baby out with the bathwater. The complete poem can be found at http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/childrens_song.html. The first two stanzas read:

Land of our Birth, we pledge to thee
Our love and toil in the years to be;
When we are grown and take our place,
As men and women with our race.

Father in Heaven who lovest all,
Oh help Thy children when they call;
That they may build from age to age,
An undefiled heritage.

This is nothing compared to "A Song of the White Men" which reads like Nazi propaganda. When we rightfully praise isolated passages from Kipling we should be aware of the less than laudable context.

I agree with you, but that's not the case of commenting about the writer's work, but about just a passage written. Everybody has something good which is praiseworthy. In Kipling's case the stanza which was the quote of today.
And Love to...

Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:47:41 PM
Hannie wrote:
Arymbs wrote:
Those are valuable lessons to learn. Unfortunately, the modern society is bombarded by consumerism and self-gratification propaganda which harden feel pleasure in simple things, forgive abundantly and Love unselfishly. But, the better reward are harder to get so we're in vantage seeing from this point if view.

Said very well!

Thank you, Hannie!
And Love to...

Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:54:35 AM
Those are valuable lessons to learn. Unfortunately, the modern society is bombarded by consumerism and self-gratification propaganda which harden feel pleasure in simple things, forgive abundantly and Love unselfishly. But, the better reward are harder to get so we're in vantage seeing from this point if view.
Topic: Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 9:31:37 AM
I think it happens, but it takes time, much time depending on the intensity of that love.
Topic: Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 8:01:30 AM
thar wrote:
hi arymbs. welcome,
You shouldn't let me loose correcting, You wouldn't like me when I'm correcting......
Drool

UUUH,I'm afraid of you...Anxious . I'm kidding, but please be nice, I'm learning! ☺