Profile: Mindless Wanderer
About
User Name: Mindless Wanderer
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: There must be a limit to the mistakes one person can make, and when I get to the end of them, then I'll be through with them....
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:49:55 AM
Amen, sister.
Topic: Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:01:36 PM
True Dat, Samuel Clemens.
Topic: If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but grumble with the rest.
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 4:50:56 PM
Yea---what he said.
Topic: All this will not be finished in the first 100 days. Nor will it be finished in the first 1,000 days, nor in the life of this...
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2011 6:01:28 PM
excaelis wrote:
Sounds like me in my Canadian Lit. professor's office.

Now THAT IS FUNNY.
Topic: All this will not be finished in the first 100 days. Nor will it be finished in the first 1,000 days, nor in the life of this...
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2011 3:04:53 PM
These were the words of a forward thinking leader, not much different from our current President. I wonder what JFK would have thought of "tweeting" and "facebook." Would he have survived the minute to minute news cycle? I think not-----there would have been a Republican or right wing nut somewhere saying "First he said 100 days, then he said 1000 days then he said maybe not even in this Administration. Well if he doesn't know.... how are the rest of us supposed to know? He's the leader of our country and he can't commit to how long it will take!" You ALL (well...American citizens, anyhow) know this would have happened if JFK talked like that today. One bad tweet and he's out!
Topic: In giving rights to others which belong to them, we give rights to ourselves and to our country.
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:10:40 PM
Touche, Gabh.
Topic: When the sword is once drawn, the passions of men observe no bounds of moderation.
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:22:52 AM
Or in the words of Forest Gump: Stupid is as stupid does.
Topic: For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 6:49:16 AM
Rudyard Kipling must have been a student of Gestalt Theory: The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Several of his writings incorporate this theme----literally and metaphysically.
Topic: I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 7:54:40 AM
This quote is a sign of Mr. Forster's time----when women were expected to be the milder, gentler voice of reason.
In today's time----there's not a mother I know who wouldn't wage a war to protect her own.
Topic: It was such a lovely day I thought it a pity to get up.
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 5:28:28 PM
Dude---Those are the BEST days to get up!