Profile: spotted pony
About
User Name: spotted pony
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: What does Puritanism mean to you?
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 11:29:42 AM
I understand the Puritans believed in keeping the word of God pure, & this meant for them that they had to run the government to keep that pure. They tried to take over Britain, making government subordinate to their religion, they could not, so they cried 'no religious freedom here' & came to America to take over a government. They believed also that people were taken over by Satan, & Satan had to be exorcised from you by any means necessary, even to the point of your death. Puritans are the people who brought us the Salem Witch Trials. Their government in Massachusetts Bay Colony was harsh & repressive. Many ran away to found other colonies like Connecticut & New Hampshire to get away from Puritans. Colony members who ran off into the woods to live with Indians was a problem as well.

I am being brief here, what I have learned of Puritans shows me that even tho what they wrote was benign, the way they practiced their beliefs was quite harsh toward others. Basically, Christianity at its worst.
Topic: BSA EAGLE PROJECT
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 9:44:55 AM
You better hurry! An eagle in our troop went to a local hiking club, built some walkways for a nearby trail, to get thru some swampy areas. The club provided funds & plans, the wood & materials were all available at the local hardware, the walkways were easy to put together. The most time was spent carrying these logs into the woods 1.5 miles. It can be done in a month if it's all set up like that. Fund raising I think would take the most time, but that was already in place for our guy. Our scout went ahead with his project since he could not wait for the council to approve it. They eventually did.

Other scouts built benches for the local park, set up markers for a trail & cleaned it up. I don't think you have time to receive answers if you write letters to politicians or community leaders. Don't bother with setting up a blood drive, our council no longer approves that as a project, too easy.