Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 21
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Limitless vs. Unlimited
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:35:25 PM
Etcheparre wrote:

"Well for starters you would have offered "an unlimited supply" and not "a unlimited supply", since unlimited starts with a vowel."

Excellent point... I really didn't pay attention to that d'oh!

Thank you guys, sooo much!
Topic: Limitless vs. Unlimited
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:15:28 PM
Studying for my CPE exam with one of the exercises from flo-joe.com I came across two sentences that go like this:

" 1. We will offer you totally ........ access to our health club with this insurance scheme. "
"3. Wind power could offer us a ........ supply of energy if only we invested more in research and development. "

I answered limitless for the 1st one but the correct answer was unlimited; and answered unlimited for the 3rd one whereas the answer was limitless.

Can anyone elighten me on the reasons for this difference? Could it be just the demand of this specific exercise or it is really preferable to say one thing instead of the other in each of those cases?

Thanks a lot!
Topic: Ides of March.
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:04:11 PM
OMFG!Brick wall Not weak on creativity, though!
Topic: Books that changed your life.
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:28:17 PM
Reading literature in general, changed my life.
Some of the good books I've read and that have touched my heart and my mind were:

Harry Potter's series
Interview with the vampire - Anne Rice
Vampire Lestat - Anne Rice
Hobbit, Lord of The Rings, Silmarillion - Tolkien
Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
The Saxon Tales - Bernard Cornwell ( a series of books about the consolidation of England as a united kingdom, not yet finished, and that is currently fascinating me)
Topic: Is the sentence correct? And makes it sense to you?
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:29:00 PM
Wanderer,

CV = Curriculum Vitae. Or as they like to call it in the USA: Resumeé. Either way it is only a formal list of your professional and/or educational experiences and skills
Topic: Toon Collection
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:49:31 AM
Zé carioca: Disney's brazilian carachter and also one of the many ways used to demonstrate the increasingly closer and friendly relations between Brazil and USA...
Not exactly my favourite but I used to read it's comics when I was younger... quite funny.

Topic: Toon Collection
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:35:19 AM

Topic: Dust in the Wind
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:51:14 AM
I'm not a native english speaker, or that experienced with the language, so I'm not sure if this is right but the sentence could have been written like: "All we are: dust in the wind" then, the "is" on the original sentence would be used to reinforce our 'dustiness' =D our irrelevance in the universe, and, at the same time, remember that "all we are" means "our composition", "our body and soul", "everything that we are made of" and so on...

eg: "all we are, in this life, is irrelevant in the eyes of gods"

Was of any help? I hope so!
Topic: Shoes
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:59:40 PM
ok, I write too much indeed. =OO

correction: "... you're geeting my point here, right?"
Topic: Shoes
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:57:25 PM
I love shoes!: high heels, low heels, no heels at all, sneakers... each one for a specific occasion. Although i do not wear high heels in a every single day basis I do like to wear them in special occasions and love to look for original, stylish pairs at shoes' stores.
I like shoes that much because, as I see it, in these fashionistas', skinny, totally-not-the-average-women-type-models' days, shoes are among one of the few things that a girl (or guy) can buy regardless their size or weight and feel good and beautiful about it and , you see, I'm not that let's say it, large: I'm size 12! The same goes to nail polishers/varnishers/vernis à ongles (whatever you like): you don't have to worry about your size or your weight while buying things for your nails and nobody will judge you anymore if your wearing a, like, bright green nail polisher... ok maybe some will, but you're getting my point here right? And all the different, magnificent colours that are available today... ok, focus: shoes.

As for the health: yes, we, women (or men) wearing heels, MUST be concerned about our health. A parctical example: my boyfriend's mother wore heel during all her teenager and adult life and now at the top of her 37 high (haha) lived years she's just found out that something went wrong with her feet bones... but she has a choice! she either does a surgery and never wear heels anymore and also might limp for the rest of her life or she endures a excruciating pain after wearing heels all day long for the rest of her life... Tough choice huh: endure pain OR endure pain!

Owl.

ps: What's the problem with Lady Gaga...? I mean, She's kinda funny, some of her songs are ok but why the effing hell would she wear that nightmare dress?!?! Because you might agree with me: it is something between hideous and loathesome... and it's not even a surprise anymore: it's just ugly and pointless.. unless she managed to eat all that meat after the show...