User Name: Shironeko
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 25
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: NHL Playoffs 2012
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:20:08 AM
I seriously hope you're right, HWNN! Well, imho it'll be awesome if the kings and sharks don't make it into the next round -Ducks fan here. And even more so if the Canucks get to defeat the Bruins on the finals, so my friends in Vancouver can forget about having allowed the cup to slip through their fingers last year! :3
Topic: Recomendations on Book[s] based/inspired on MMORPG's
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 10:40:40 AM
@IMcRout
Surething! I agree.. and thanks for the good vibes~ :3

@Jyrkkä Jätkä
Yes, I've read the Fifth Age trilogy a long time ago. But thanks to R. A. Salvatore's "Forgotten Realms" novels I didn't remember them until now ^^; nevertheless this all can be fixed. Thanks to your kind reminder I now know I better look for all these books-they must be still in my house, somewhere.. =_=U but, above all, many thankies for that link you provided earlier. 'Cause through it, I found there's A LOT more works related to Dragonlance out there D: "gotta catch 'em all" xD

@Geeman
I remember having read many of the comic books of Conan the Barbarian when I was a kid! And, although I knew there was a Role-playing Game based on Conan's Hyborea I never thought of looking for books on the subject -now that's a severe "epic fail" of mine T__T As soon as I get home tonight I'm sooo gonna search the web for these! xD Also, thanks for citing these crossovers! I asked a friend of mine who collects pretty much everything that's printed on his favorite comic books (though the ones he has are not in english). He pointed out to me some Spiderman, Batman, Superman and Wolverine crossovers he believes the rest of the group will enjoy, so I'm also going to look around the net for these ^^ But, above all, I really really really appreciate your mentioning of "The Argonauts" for it is almost 'tailor-made' for helping me with another quest I'm about to embark into. So, thanks a bunch! >:3

I kept researching and reading as many reviews as I could during the weekend, and I decided to try a couple of the books I found for sale through Amazon -Ender's Game, and, Verotopia- perhaps I could post here how everything goes along with them.. anyways, I found this site that might not surprise many people in here but it really amazed me -www.goodreads.com- who knows, maybe it could be of use to some others :3

Anyways, thanks to all of you who had the patience to read my request as well as those who kindly pointed me in the right direction! For now, I'll focus on [proof] reading the materials I got, and also, getting the books I was recommended here ^^ yet, if there's anyone else who would like to contribute with her/his own thoughts or experience, I'll keep an eye on this thread.. In advance, my warmest thanks :3
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:04:35 PM
For what's worth, everything was quite ok from the very beggining since I've read many of your comments throughout this forum so I like the idea of me being already aware of your particular sense of humor. Hence, I took your response as nothing more than a very smart and fun joke for everybody to laugh at (at least I did) x3 Furthermore, I was amazed at how easily my choice of words and lack of explanations left the thread haplessly open to such a friendly prank ^^; So~ in the end it's my own fault-sorry~ ;3

Now, addressing the specific points you cited earlier:

a) MMORPG's. Wells, it's my mistake really. I should have added a detail of what the acronym stands for. For, although this is a very widespread slang, it's far from being literally worldwide ^^;
Then, focusing on the role-playing games vs MMORPG's contrast you seem to have in mind. I stubbornly doubt any present or future videogame would ever be as good as old-school pen-and-paper role-playing games. For a reason that's as simple as it is determinant, videogames [apparently] cannot free themselves from the severe limitations restricting players' critical thinking and use of their imagination.

Yet, the on-line trait takes role-playing games into a whole new level of entertainment and more importantly, learning. For instance, if you play a game of, lets say, Dungeons and Dragons in your living room with your IRL (in real life) friends, whom you already know and feel confortable with; most likely, you're not being exposed to different languages, cultures, habits, standards, etc. While, on the other hand, when immersed into, say, World of Warcraft (some MMORPG), you're exposed to these things and way more. In my humble opinion, through this exposure teens and young adults experience when playing MMORPG's-or any social game for that matter- they acquire high levels of respect, tolerance and fairness toward others, and also hone their social skill up to the point of being able to interact -within the boundaries of friendship- with people from different countries, cultures, religions and races.

But I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just wanted to answer your question as to how it would be fun to play it on-line, and since I have no actual facts at my dispossal I have to rely solely on my personal experience :3

b) Anything more challenging than comic books and short stories. Yet another mistake of mine, and I sincerely apologize for it ^^; What I failed to explain here is the following, these friends of mine do not read anything that would require a constant effort to get all the way through the finish line; so, when I said challenging, please consider it as meaning the patience and perseverance demanded to read and enjoy, for example, Dante's Divine Comedy.

There's this "Dot Hack" Saga which is set within a fictional MMORPG named "The World" and most of us are big fans of this imaginary universe that includes a bunch of role-playing games, many Manga and Anime series, a handfull of short stories and a couple of books. And taking into account that they liked these books so much they couldn't stop reading them, maybe, if they were to read other good fiction books somehow related to MMORPG's maybe they'll like these as much as they enjoyed the Dot Hack ones.

I am currently researching through Amazon (and a couple other sites where I get my books in Romance Languages) but so far I found almost absolutely no reviews on the few books available which address the targeted subject T__T so I thought maaaybe somebody in here had read one or two books that would make the cut and, perhaps, they'd be willing to share their experience regarding these books. And these are the reasons which led me into bugging you all :3

PS: just in case my words didn't successfully convey what I intended to, my thanks on a previous post had 0% of trans fat as well as sarcasm. I had a very tiresome day and right when I was finally going home I've read your witty lines and couldn't help but to leave with a big smile on my face -I almost bit my ears.. x3
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:22:45 AM
I'm more the cat type, so I tend to avoid dog fights.. for my own sake :3
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:44:01 PM
What could I possibly say, many thanks for a fun moment; though I'd have to apologize for not showing this to the intended targets since they're not only atheists, but also contumacious anti-Catholicism.. So~ very sorry for that ^^; but thanks anyways~ >:3
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:59:53 PM
Thing's like this, I'm looking for good reading material related to MMORPG's-any, real or non-existant- in an attempt to lure some gamer friends of mine into reading for pleasure -wells, anything more challenging than comic books and short stories >:3

So, if perchance, somebody in here could provide some sugestions/recomendations I would highly appreciate it.. >,<
Topic: Best Fictional Travelogue
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:26:01 PM
Off the top of my head..

The Walking Drum, Louis L'Amour
Adventure of three Englishmen and three Russians, Jules Verne
Topic: *needs help with an old movie's title*
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:43:52 AM
Yeah! It's easy to think this was a hell of a long shot -an old movie, which was far far away from being a blockbuster and there was not even a single famous or semi-famous actor or actress on it..
But I had hope still. There are sooo many people on the internet, people from different backgrounds and with different experiences, so I believed it was unlikely the only one person watching-and recalling this movie- would had been me.
And that's why I thank Tootsie from the bottom of my heart! :3

edit: Actually, I thank everybody for their time, effort and concern ^^;

ps: I've been playing with that site's search engine and I just LOVE it! many many thanks for this extra info~ x3
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:16:16 AM
WOAH! That's the one I was looking for! Many many many thankies Tootsie~
*bows*
:3
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2011 1:16:43 PM
I recently watched this movie named "unaccompanied minors" and it made me recall a [perhaps] similar movie from the early or mid 80's, which name it seems I cannot remember.. Any chance somebody in here also saw this movie and is able to recall its name? I'd really appreciate any help on this since I couldn't find any strong leads through google other than some 80's movies listing but it has no search option so I'm checking out each and every name listed in there that "sounds" familiar, but it's taking forever T__T
What I remember from its plot is that there were some 5 or 6 kids withouth any parental supervision in an airport and they end up inside a hijacked plane.. kind of like a "Home alone" soaring the skies.. Many thanks in advance for your time and efforts :3