Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 8:31:23 PM
Como se vuelca al ingles?
Topic: Me limito a exponer los hechos.
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 8:30:05 PM
Thanks, jcbarros.
Topic: Me limito a exponer los hechos.
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 9:48:48 PM
Hola:
Como se dice en ingles "limitarse a" en el contexto "Me limito a exponer los hechos"?
Topic: Were vs was in the past subjunctive of to be.
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 1:17:52 PM
Thanks for your kind replies.

@thorx89: About your footnote, I think I understand it: "If he was here yesterday, I can't tell for sure", "If he was here yesterday, he must have seen it".

Regards.
Topic: Were vs was in the past subjunctive of to be.
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:38:05 AM
I read in Wikipedia, "English subjunctive", that the past subjunctive of the verb to be is were for all persons and numbers. I do not know whether, in points of grammar, wikipedia refers to English as spoken in England,
or to this tongue as spoken in the U.S. But the case is that, watching American pictures, I have many times heard things like "If he was rich he would...".

Is there a difference in the way Englishmen and Americans conjugate the past subjunctive of this verb?
Topic: En realidad = ?
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:54:23 AM
Thank you guys for your kind replies. And I also think Spanish is a beautiful language. Correction: it would be a beautiful language if it were properly spoken.
Topic: En realidad = ?
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:38:39 AM
Hola: hay una expresion en castellano que es "en realidad". Como en "El cartel dice 24hs pero en realidad cerramos por la noche". Como se dira esto en ingles?

Entre parentesis. Por que todo el mundo escribe en espanol en este foro? Adios.
Topic: "Se me ha ocurrido una idea maravillosa" = ????????
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 3:21:28 PM
I also was about to criticize Alain on the same ground [?]. But you have come to the rescue. Thanks.
Topic: Is there a difference between "all the time" and "all time long"?
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 3:10:49 PM
That's the question.
Topic: Adjective working as a noun.
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 10:56:07 AM
Of course. Especially with a person so well versed in the intrincancies of grammar. But who seemed to have been upset was you. As I didn't understand why, I felt obliged to explain myself. Let your reconciliation words put an end to this little episode, improper, I think, of the policy of a good forum.

And above all, let me be redundant, I'd wish to stay in good terms with you, because I like people who knows.