Number of Posts: 21
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Computer Help 2
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:54:25 PM
Hi, Perci.

Look here: http://compreviews.about.com/od/cases/l/aaBlknUSB2Enc.htm
and here: http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=CSE

There are lots of sites where you can find such devices. Or, in ypur local store, look for USB cases for hard drives. They do exactly what you want. Quick hint: be sure that the case you buy matches your diks' specifications. If they are old, there might be some specific models not suitable for the job...

Good luck.
Topic: verbos en espanol
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:23:28 PM
Tengo sueño. Quiero dormir.

He trabajado mucho y necesito descansar. Me gustaría irme de vacaciones a una ciudad tranquila, cerca de un bosque o de una montaña.

Topic: Have one's cake and eat it too... ¿en Español?
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:33:03 PM
En México decimos "quieres nadar y guardar la ropa" o bien "quieres tocar la campana y andar en la procesión".

Saludos
Topic: work-colleague
Posted: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:43:19 PM
So, you actually have colleagues you don not work wth? Maybe that poses enough ambiguity as to be more specific? You know: work colleague as somebody I work with, versus a general colleague, who may or may not work with you...
Topic: 'La belleza' = 'lo bello': Is this duality also found in English?
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 4:31:53 PM
GeorgeV wrote:
Walter - you are hallucinating.

Wow- Thanks!

It's true "greets" is not a valid noun. It's just a casual greeting that I use sometimes.

Have a nice day, all of you.
Topic: 'La belleza' = 'lo bello': Is this duality also found in English?
Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 6:13:09 PM
Aló. Deberíamos comunicarnos en español, de México a Argentina, but in this forum it is a rule to use English, so, here we go.

The English structure that I can think of is "HOW <adjective> is this <noun>" or, in a different context, "What is <adjective> in this <noun>".

Using your examples, we could write:

a) Excuse the lenght of this letter (or "this letter's lenght")
b) Excuse HOW LONG is this letter... (it's a weird example, but it works)

and

a)The beauty of this place
b)How beautiful this place is...
And here we get to the second possible structure: "what is beautiful in this place... "

I like better the "how...is " structure. I believe it is more the answer you were looking for...

Greets
Topic: meaning of these
Posted: Friday, October 1, 2010 8:27:14 PM
Ok. The first one is only a confusing way of saying that the real merit of your work derives from the resulting benefits. Did you get it from some Economics or Political essay? Too pompous, actually.

The second one was addresed on another thread. I belive you started that one, too.

Greets.
Topic: one too many
Posted: Friday, October 1, 2010 6:44:12 PM
Suppose you're floating in the middle of the ocean, no boat, no lifesavers. You're getting tired and the night approaches.
Then a small yatch passes nearby, and the skipper throws you a rope and calls you to go on board. You say "no thanks. I know God will save me", so the yatch goes away.
Later, a small fisher boat comes nearby, and the scene goes again, and you say "no, thanks. God will save me".
Even later, a rescue chopper approaches. You're already exhausted and can barely move when they come to your rescue. You struggle between faith and fear, but "no thanks. I know God will save me".

Few minutes later you have drowned, and you're furiously addressing to God: "I had faith on You. All my faith. I put my life on that faith, and You let me down (drown, actually). Why didn't you save ME, God?" And He says "hey, man. I sent you a yatch, a fisher boat and a chopper. What else could I do?".

Maybe then you "let one too many opportunities to go by".
Topic: Inherited and inherent
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:37:58 PM
Maybe some genetic traits derive into some inherent characteristics, but not every inherited thing becomes inherent to you.
I believe that Jyrkkä's contribution makes it clear enough. I propose not to make it more confusing than it has to be.
Topic: FELIZ FIESTA!
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 6:32:55 PM
Ésa es una fiesta linda. ¡Felicidades!
That's a nice holiday. Greetings!
C'est une belle fête. Félicitations!
Das ist eine schöne Party. Herzlichen Glückwunsch!
Isso é uma bela festa . Parabéns!
Det är en fin fest. Grattis!