Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 21
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Wolfberry
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:37:00 PM
taurine wrote:
Can gooseberry and wolfberry grow next to each other?

It should be alright as long as the wolfberry is not crawling to it.
Topic: Trout Tickling
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:08:39 PM
Illegal because it's not fair for a gentleman to take advantage of someone who's in trance state ! Not talking
Topic: Children's Brains "Light Up" at Sound of Mom's Voice
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 10:59:28 PM
Not sure if it does when mommy's angry. Shame on you
Topic: New Alaska Butterfly Species May Hold Clues to Climate Change
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:41:01 AM
Has not the change already been SO clear to us? Eh?
Topic: Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2015 11:02:48 PM
I found that this just matches with Buddhism's teaching about to focus on what one's doing at the moment and that what ones encounter are the simply result of what ones did (both in this life and previous lives)...

So wisely said and so true.
Topic: challenging traditional assumptions about female sexuality.
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 9:51:28 PM
In recent years, there has been variations in the assumption of male/female sexuality in Japan.
It looks like some Japaneses divide men/women into "carnivore" - a more masculine and "herbivore" - a more feminine types.
They are conscious of the difference and define it.

Here's part of the entry about this from http://www.japantoday.com/category/lifestyle/view/from-carnivores-to-herbivores-how-men-are-defined-in-japan

"From carnivores to herbivores: how men are defined in Japan

TOKYO —
The popular media in Japan have coined various expressions to describe certain categories of men such as “Nikushoku Danshi” (carnivore men) and ”Soshoku Danshi” (herbivore men), though they have nothing to do with what guys eat.

Japanese magazines and TV programs often use expressions such as “〇〇 Danshi” (〇〇 men). The Japanese magazine FYTTE, in its March issue, introduces many specific categories of men.

Here is a list of some categories, so that you will know what they mean when you hear Japanese people and media mention “〇〇 Danshi”.

Nikushoku Danshi (Carnivorous Men)

“Nikushoku Danshi” refers to men who are active in seducing women. Young Japanese women are said to be attracted to this type of guy whom they find strong and reliable.

Soshoku Danshi (Herbivore Men)

“Soshoku Danshi” are passive types who are shy about relationships. Many do not have a girlfriend and are content just to be friends. According to marriage consulting company PARTNER AGENT’s survey of 400 single men who are around 30 years old, 75% said that they think they are “Soshoku Danshi.”

There are also (longer) entries about this on Wikipedia.
Topic: Bilbo Baggins' quote - Could some one explain
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 11:15:31 PM
Perhaps,
"I don't know half of you (Hobbits) half(/much) as well as I should like (to know) (or to not know?)

and i like less than half of you (Hobbits) half as well as you deserve (to be liked)."?

I had fun trying to think it through. Thanks for putting this up. :D
Topic: A note from Admin about the new site design
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2014 1:49:06 AM
As TFD is a site i visited throughout my working days, i'm still eagerto find ways to make it more comfortable for me...

I have set may screen's brightness to zero but i still found that the background's color remained stark-white, owing to the larger left & right margins in Home page.

I felt more comfortable with the older version in which there weren't many large white blank spaces in the page.

(Stylish didn't work on my Chrome.
I chose "Reverse" style, the font's colors turned pale but the background's color remained white. Think )

Topic: A note from Admin about the new site design
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 10:02:50 PM
io4yiu wrote:
nnorlen wrote:
Currently, the color can only be changed for the background, but I will share your suggestion with the development team.

Ummm, hi... , is there a way I could maybe dim the pages a little?

The white bg is a bit too ..bright : ) .

Thx.

It's also too bright for me...
Love the more eye-friendly grey in older ver. better!

At the home page, the characters in Today's Birthday column that I placed on the most left area don't fit into their box.

A lot of things to explore in the new features. Applause
Topic: More Lightning to Come with Warmer Climate
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:16:54 PM
....If only we can harvest this energy .......Think

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.