User Name: michiko
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 44
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Bye Bye Bin Laden!
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 11:13:12 AM
the moment i opened my laptop & saw Osama Bin Laden's death atop of all news, i felt a surged of relief,is this really happening? this is indeed a great news but i didn't felt so happy to feast at it, i see it as another threat for greater terrorism not only in the USA but also for its ally countries. we cannot expect the terrorist group(s) to just sit & mourn at the loss of their leader, i assume they're planning vengeance for what has happened. it might not happen right away but in the time we least expect it. losing him surely crippled their group but surely he's got reserves. we just have to be extra careful, its better to be insanely careful than be sorry.

Salute to the US Army!
Topic: Major Tsunami hit Japan
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 8:33:23 AM
its scary. whats happening lately is really disturbing...wars in the middle east, earthquakes followed by tsunami. im praying & hoping that the occurence dont get worse.
Topic: Want a boy?
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:02:40 PM
i never had any idea that something like this is actually happening in India, & to add the fact that it's also happening in some other parts of the world.
it's very very tragic.
how can they assume that having a daughter is bad luck for the family? those were just bended traditions of their fathers/ancestors.
Topic: 9 billion humans
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 3:55:10 AM
gosh it's pretty frightening coz 2050 is just 40yrs away from now!
Topic: help me with some words !
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:45:22 AM
grammargeek wrote:
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Go figure how Houyhnhnm is pronounced in TFD dictionary (click on speaker-flag).

That's funny! It's very much like H-o-u-y-h-n-h-n-m, or H.o.u.y.h.n.h.n.m, but I suppose that's for a different thread.

Really Funny!! i was sweating to figure out how it is pronounced only to find out that i just need to spell the word itself.d'oh!
Topic: The Lure of History and of Permanence
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:33:13 AM
I really admire how Peter makes this forum so informative and easy to comprehend.
the House is simple admirable, its just that im saddened by the story behind it. its a Family Legacy! it's really worth the asking price coz its a treasure,i just hope that whoever will be able to purchase the property would be knowledgeable enough about the history behind the treasure he'll be holding with so he'll take good care of it. its good to know that it's Categorized as a Listed Building, it already has a shield.
Topic: Barbeque
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 9:50:39 AM
actually its a great idea if we all could meet and have some kind of retreat but before it happens our forum must become a real, accredited and legal organization, by then we could hold Annual or Semi-annual meetings to which ever country/ place it might be assigned. Have real membership IDs to keep the organization safe and free from intruders. how exciting would it be to meet eveybody in this forum, and have connections from different parts of this world.
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 9:17:49 AM
dingdong wrote:
michiko wrote:
that's very kind and thoughtful of you HWNN1961, thanks for remembering us though i dont think i qualify for the 'intelligent and admirable' forum members you're referring to, but i must agree that there are a lot of big minds in this forum.
im just so jealous of you knowing that you're on a vacation, while im here at my desk banging my head for much trouble at work, nevertheless i can still steal a few minutes to post here.and speaking of steaks, tonight i'll grill a mouthwatering rarely cooked angus beef for dinner.it will be sinfully tasty, har har!

Angus beef or over-friendly pigeon?

lol! forget about the pigeon DD :)
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 7:50:38 AM
that's very kind and thoughtful of you HWNN1961, thanks for remembering us though i dont think i qualify for the 'intelligent and admirable' forum members you're referring to, but i must agree that there are a lot of big minds in this forum.
im just so jealous of you knowing that you're on a vacation, while im here at my desk banging my head for much trouble at work, nevertheless i can still steal a few minutes to post here.and speaking of steaks, tonight i'll grill a mouthwatering rarely cooked angus beef for dinner.it will be sinfully tasty, har har!
Topic: Life is never dull
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:54:59 AM
@ Peter: im not sure what kind of pigeon it is i just know that its a pigeon and it seems to really recognize me and know my everyday morning routine.

@dingdong: haha! maybe you're right about the shampoo and i've already suspected that maybe the bird loved the fragrance of my shampoo since the moment it pulled my hair.but im not changing it anyway, haha.