User Name: orneryswife
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Tips to quit
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 4:59:36 PM
It has been my experience that when I want to change a behavior that seems stubbornly entrenched, there are a couple of things that I need to do. First, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT- meridian tapping) is very effective. There is a lot of information available on the www and many how-to videos can be found at emofree.com It seems sort of hokey if you are unfamiliar with why it works, but it DOES work. Most habits like smoking or other destructive behaviors are rooted in an emotional need or hang-up. You might start there.

The second thing that can help is meditation--focus on yourself free from the habit and in a relaxed state "see" yourself living without cigarettes, and "feel" how good it feels to be free from the habit.

Cigarettes, coffee and sugar are all highly addictive and interplay with each other, so if you can cut all of them out for a couple of weeks, you will have a better success. I know that seems hard, but again, researchers have proven that to be highly effective. Best wishes for your success!
Topic: Bubba
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 12:27:52 PM
It seems to vary from one part of the country to another. In my family, we use Bubba almost exclusively in a derogatory manner. We call a beat-up vehicle a "bubba-mobile" and it usually refers to a "red-neck" large, rough looking individual driving a rusty, souped up truck--elevated frame, super-sized wheels, and a gun rack in the window. Our favorite bubba-mobile was a rust-and-some-other-color car with a cow skull duct-taped to the hood (like a hood ornament). That was the ULTIMATE Bubba-mobile!

However, I have many friends who call their sons Bubba as a term of endearment, often because a younger sibling couldn't properly pronounce "brother." We are in the mid-west, and grammar is not really a strong suit of the natives in my area. Anxious
Topic: Game with verbs
Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 10:38:52 AM
trample
Topic: Protecting your privacy
Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 10:34:51 AM
If there is nothing to hide, then why worry? My husband of 31 years gives me plenty of alone time, as I give him. It was our wish to always be open and honest with each other--without trust there cannot be love. As for passwords, if he didn't know them, I'd be sunk--I forget them as fast as I make them up!
Topic: Polyunsaturated Fats Reduce Cardiac Risk
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 9:13:16 PM
then why do those who live in the tropics and eat a diet high in saturated fats have no heart conditions/disease? Coconut oil is saturated fat, yet it has been proven to be extremely heart healthy.