User Name: WOwara
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 61
[0.01% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: What Happens When Science Ends?
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:20:06 PM
I personally think the author is full of it. He has one of those mind that he shouldn't let wander (it's too small to be out by itself). The younger generation (my grandnephew for example) think well beyond the things we ever imagined, the way our generation thought beyond the previous one. I know that I happily handled infinite values that gave my HS calculus teacher headaches to think about. Every answer we find in science opens up at least 10 new questions and if our young people are motivated they can see farther than we can.
So I not only believe science is infinite, I believe it is expanding faster than our universe.

Bill.
(PS: I told my HS maths teacher that since the set of integers had infinite members, and there were infinite irrational numbers between each integer, logic dictated the real number system contained infinity squared members. I think his headache turned into full blown nausea just before his head exploded...one of the leading mathematician published, saying something similar the next week).
Topic: Julian Assange
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 11:49:12 PM
I personally think Wiki-Leaks can publish anything it wants, however they must take responsibility for the results of doing so, the lost lives, the new terror attacks mounted because terrorist now know how they were being monitored, and any War that starts as a result of what is published. Assange is a psychotic egomaniac who doesn't care who gets killed as long as he get the attention he craves, that is why the top Wiki-Leak people are leaving and setting up their own site. He thinks he is above the law as with the sex charges filed in Sweden, before his big leaks, and now he says he will release documents guaranteed to kill people if he is charged. I really hope he does release the documents so he can discover that he isn't above the law that applies to the rest of us, and exactly how seriously extortion leading to death is viewed by civilized people.

Bill.
Topic: You are a winner of £1.000.000. Is is a fraud? Please, help me.
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:20:42 PM
It is definitely a scam. Turn it over to your local police fraud unit so they can arrest Mr. George Clifford before he runs back into his hole.

Bill.
Topic: Electric Cars
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:15:13 PM
If your asking if nuclear power can be run almost waste free, the answer is yes, it just require the political will to do things right. If we build a fast breeder reactor, like they have at the Idaho labs, on each coast, they could not only provide additional power, they could "burn up" the radioactive waste from the current reactors. Breeders keep splitting the atoms until the majority of the waste product coming out of it is non-radioactive metals that can be used in industry. There are, however, minor amounts of some radionucleides in the waste, but they have half-lifes measured in days to months, not in ten of thousands of years like in the present waste stream.

Bill.
Topic: Educational regrets?
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 10:07:34 AM
My first run I graduated with degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science and Photography. My second run I picked up degrees in Geology, Chemistry, Geochemistry and Philosophy. My regrets are I thirst to know everything and can't. It costs a small fortune in journals and a lot of time just to keep up with the degrees I already have.

Bill.
Topic: couple (is/are)
Posted: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 8:54:30 AM
Generally if you refer to the couple you use the singular, you only use the plural when you start referring to or referencing what is within the couple.

Bill.
Topic: Which evolved first – DNA, proteins, ATP, enzymes, RNA, or something else?
Posted: Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:10:36 AM
Given the lack of data, in my personal opinion you should assume the simplest forms. That leads to viruses, therefore I would guess the RNA which gives proteins, and possibly ATP came first.

Bill.
Topic: Overpopulation
Posted: Sunday, August 1, 2010 6:15:02 AM
We only think technology has put us beyond natures reach, but nature has a way of reasserting itself, look at Mt. St. Helens. If we push our population to far, nature will forcibly adjust it for us with disease or other disaster.

Bill.
Topic: How Did You Meet Your S.O.?
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 9:59:12 AM
I met mine in 1972 when she was a nursing assistant in an Army hospital and I was being reassembled. I lost her to a drunk driver 6 years ago.
Thank you Cass and all your fellow volunteers for supporting us when we needed it.

Bill.
Topic: Weaky leaks?
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:27:27 AM
I think so too KM.
I bet the Taliban have voted the websites owner man of the year.

Bill.