User Name: LouLou
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 31
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: FACE BOOK
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 6:38:24 AM
it is addictive, but it brings people closer, you are constantly in contact with ur friends. the best thing i experienced is reconnecting with some friends from school that i havent seen for many years.
Topic: Happy Mother´s Day!
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2010 9:08:03 AM
in Lebanon, mothers' day is on the 21st of March, 1st day of spring.
Topic: Karma - of the past , present and future
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:32:45 AM
Nice topic.
These statements are also found in Islam, so I will try, as a Muslim, to explain my point of view.
It is true that God has control over our lives, and knows in advance our acts and destiny. But we also have a will. We can make decisions and choose among many paths the one that suits us.
It is like a father who has 2 kids, one of them is hard working, smart, likes to study, and the other one is lazy, doesn’t care to be educated. The father expects that the first one will go to college while the other one doesn’twon't, so he saves the money for college for the 1st kid, and tries to get the other one to work with him. In fact, the father is not deciding for them, he gave both same opportunities, but seeing how they took advantage of what he offered, he could predict their future. He didn’t interfere in the process of their lives, he didn’t decide for them.
I think that’s what God do with us, He gives us things to use, and we might use them for good or bad. That’s how we are judged eventually, upon our choices.
Topic: Which one is correct
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:23:18 AM
always use the simple form of the verb after "to"
Topic: What the heck is this?
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 5:50:25 AM
vommiting a rainbow seems much better than vommiting vomit :P
Topic: Women in an Islam-dominated Society
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 10:40:52 AM
kisholoy mukherjee wrote:
Desiree wrote:

Kauserali: I´d like to know why Arab dance allows to show the body in tight-fitting brassiere,the
whole body through veils with sensual movements of hips and shoulders, all this in
contrast with all restrictions from Koran. Is this a private dance only exhibited for
men ? Do all women know how to dance the Arab folklore music? Do Arab men dance with women ?
I´ve seen that Arab women dance with women and men with men in some TV shows ? Too many
questions, but I love Arab dancing and music.

Yes, that is a very good question. Even I would like to know the answer to that.

As a start, not all Arab people are muslim. Some are christian or jews, some don't beleive in God, others are beleivers but do not practice their religion.
Arab dancing has to do with the culture, not with the religion. it is not a private dance. u can actually go watch it on a stage, on TV, in some restaurants and clubs.

In some religious communities, it is forbidden that men and women dance together, so they are in seperate rooms. alot of weddings take this form.

but this is not the case in ALL arab countries and communities.

as zorba_lb said, it depends on how we are raised.
Topic: Non-American Literature
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 10:00:50 AM
"A thousand splendid suns" by Khaled Housseini (Afghani)
and of course the French classic novels: "Madame Bovary" by Gustave Flaubert, "notre dame de Paris" by Victor Hugo
and french poetry: "Les Contemplations" by Victor Hugo , "Méditations poétiques" by Alphonse de Lamartine, "Les Fleurs du mal" by Charles Baudelaire, "Romances sans paroles" by Paul Verlaine.
Topic: Pour Elle
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:50:16 AM
speaking of the French movie industry, i strongly recommend "le diner des cons" and "enfin veuve".
Topic: Racist mentality
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 2:16:20 AM
It definitely is. It is such a shame that such mentality still exists, especially among educated people! What’s better than sharing other people’s cultures and perceive things differently? It’s variety that makes life richer and more interesting.
Topic: Palestine or Israel?
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:04:55 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SPAIN :)