Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 34
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Do you believe in soulmate?
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2010 12:27:46 PM
My husband is my "soul-mate."
But we are very much opposites in many ways. That is perfectly OK to be different. We don't have the same thoughts about most things but we are accepting of each others wants, desires and needs. We don't always agree, but we can accept that in each other.
The areas that we are the same are the more important areas of life. We both think family comes first. We are both hard workers and are very dependable. We respect each other to a fault. We are very much each others champion.
I can think of noone else I could have spent my life with that would have made me so happy and we have been together a little over 30 years. He is my rock when I need something to steady me, my rutter when I need someone to help guide me but most important, he is the one that I can express my deepest, darkest feelings or just cry my woes to with out worring about my emotions being laughed at or made fun of. He is the one who can pick me up when I am down or bring me back to earth when I get so full of myself. He is always there when I need a friend. He is my best friend!
So, yes, I do believe in a "soul-mate" and I cherish mine very much. Dancing Applause Dancing Applause Bunny
Topic: Criticism of Religions
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:20:23 PM
I think that religion, any religion, is for anyone who derives pleasure from the comradity and the "same mind set" they get during the practices of their beliefs. I don't think it matters if it is Hindu, Christanity or Muslim. That is why there are so many different forms and beliefs on the exsistance of God and His wishes.

Human kind needs some life guides to keep them on the straight and narrow. That, IMHO, is where both religion and government stepped in. The idea is that the majority of people need rules to protect themselves from those who do not think about other people in the group only thinking of themselves. But I think that many of the different governments and religions are so different because every group had a different idea of what it was willing to do or believe, taking what each group liked about one form of government or religion, and other parts of another's beliefs and so on until, the "new group" liked the dynamics of what was now their beliefs.

That being said, since it is "man" that leads these different beliefs, there is no surprises that there are so many spiritual leaders who are shown to be the opposite of what they are teaching. I think most of them really start out like most polititians..they are wanting to make a difference and do right by people, but the POWER of the postion overcomes the inital desires. That is why there are so many high, well know religious leaders who are found to be adulters, pedophiles, theives, liars and, in general, unscrupious people. Now that is not to say that all religious leaders or all politicians are bad people. IMHO, most of them have over time changed from the beliefs and practices when they first began, (unless they chose that profession to benefit themselves from the start).

So, yes, I think that to look closely and scrutinze any form of religion (or government) is the correct thing to do for most people. Because religions are led by humans, there are always going to bad leaders and good leaders. We should try to determine which we are following and when they stray from the straight and narrow path that has been set before them, they need to be held accountable. That is our right and our burden.

So, having said all of the above, I must state that I am not religious and belong to no formal/informal church. This is just how I feel...Shhh

Bunny

Topic: Cultural Superstitions
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:13:26 AM
There is also the supersition about lighting three cigarettes on the same match. From what I understand this was started during one of the world wars because by the time the third person was lighting his ciggerette, the enemy was able to get their position and frequently shot one of them.

I have an uncontrollable fear of heights, but I'm not sure why. I guess I don't want to fall..Dancing . I also have a really bad fear of dying in a fire, and the only consolation I can find to help myself is that I would probably have already died of smoke inhalation before the fire burns my flesh. Think

I am also developing what is called "white coat syndrom". Didn't used to have that but after so many unpleasant doctor visits, it has begun to get pretty intense. Is that a phobia? Think

Bunny

Topic: The Worst Day of My Life
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 5:16:42 PM
Oh, Cass, I am so very sorry for your loss. There are no words to help you during this difficult time. You were so lucky to have had such a wonderful relationship with another person for so many years and the loss must be something like losing a part of yourself. Please stay strong and remember the good times you shared, for that alone will let you go on with your new life.
I found a poem on the internet that maybe later will give you a smile as you shed your tears. I hope you like it and can smile a little when you read of these words by Mary Elizabeth Frye:

Do not stand by my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain,
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you...Bunny
Topic: Boys
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 5:02:24 PM
I had always heard that females do not "fart"...they "fluff"
Topic: What do you do for a living?
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 5:00:03 PM
Please believe me, I was not trying to catagorize anyone with what they do for a living. I was just very curious as there are so many brilliant people on this forurm that I wanted to see what kind of a cross section of careers were represented. Nothing sensister in my curiosity. I am impress with the varies experiences that you all have had.
Like everyone else, I, too, have taken what I was offered and keep trying to "trade up" to something I would enjoy more. This will be my final job and the truth of the matter is that I really enjoy it because I get to interact with a variety of people and there is always something new for me to learn. I also have the most wonderful boss and that alone, makes the work enjoyable. Bunny
Topic: Are ther any idiom that express this?
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 1:07:21 PM
Guess I misread the intent of this post. My first thought was "Don't re-gift any presents you were given". Applause
Topic: What do you do for a living?
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 12:02:13 PM
If you don't mind, would you let everyone what you do (or did) for a living? If you had the ability to do what ever "job" you would want want to do, what would you like to be doing?

I'll go first. I currently work at a financial investment firm. I've been here for a little over 6 years. Before that, I worked at a local bank for 13 1/2 years. Boring right? !!!Drool

If I could do anything that I wanted to do, I'd be a painter (can't paint but can sketch pretty well) or a full time photographer. I would love to have a good voice and be able to sing..but if you heard me, you might call it noise pollution, so I guess that is out. Dancing

What about you?

Bunny
Topic: Death
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:52:14 PM
Dancing
First let me state that I am dying. The doctors estimate I have between 6 to 12 months (but what do they really know?) Shhh I have terminal cancer and from what I have been able to assertain, I will be in much pain as I near the end, but the medical field will do their best to keep me as comfortable as possible (but I will be so doped up that I will not really know what is going on around me...bummer!) Not talking

I have tried to make myself ready for these things, but I sometimes find myself thinking that I need more time, a couple of years would be nice - if I remained in fairly good health. I have been trying to live my life in much the same manner I did before I was diagonosted with cancer, but have had to slow down much of my activity as the chemo has made me extremely tired and often quite sick. Brick wall
I have been taking chemo drugs for almost 3 years, with two breaks between the many different chemos (4 months off after the inital chemos and another 2 month this past Nov & Dec because my red blood count go so low that I would have died from another chemo treatment which cause my red-blood count to go down to 4.6) Other than those times off from treatment, I have been steadily treated with many different types of chemo with the hopes that one of them will slow down the cancer's steady growth. But atlas, nothing is working and we are out of any new options (having gone through everything at least twice if not three times). d'oh!

The reason for telling you all of this is because, I am somewhat on the cuspid of death. I don't fear death. I am not overly worried about the pain, but I know that there will be some and I am not looking forward to it. I hate the thought of leaving my loved ones behind, but I would not wish to take them with me either. I do not believe in an after life, heaven or reincarnation. I think if you are dead, you just cease to exsist...of course, I may be pleasantly surprised. Applause
Knowing or maybe a better way to put this, having an idea when you are going to die and even the method of death, does make it easier because I have had some time to get used to the idea and allowed my love ones time to adjust as well as they can possible adjust with the ineviable outcome. (of course, I could walk outside of my office and get killed by a car...Anxious )

There is a country song that states something to the effect that "I'm not afraid of dying, it's the thought of being died" and another one that states that "Everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to go right now". My mantra is to "prop me up by the jukebox when I'm gone" because I don't want to miss out on what comes next, bur I don't think that will actually allow me to "see" what comes next for my love ones... I guess death and dying is something every human thinks of at some point.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you my opinion about death, dying and wishes for life from my prospective (from someone who is looking closely in that direction). Whistle BUNNY
Topic: How do you best describe yourself?
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 4:01:16 PM
I describe myself as more or less a normal American female. I'm over 50 and have a live and let live attitude. I don't try to force my opinion on anyone (except for 3 kids who are now of the adult ages). I have been called a "Mama Bear" when it comes to my family and I will stand up for them with every drop of my blood. I am rather easy going with most things but will come out fighting with everything I've got if I think someone is being treated unfairly.
Overall, I have a happy go lucky attitude and like to think that I can find the good in almost all situations. I am somewhat generious but not to a fault. I don't usually have mood swings, usually riding a natural high with only occassional dips into being depressed and then only for a very short time.
I have been blessed and I think that has much to do with my attitude. I have a job that I love. I get to deal with many people on a daily bases and I am extremely comfortable doing that at work. My clients would say that I am an extrovert but away from work, I am somewhat introverted and perfer to spend time in a small group, or just family or better yet, just take some time to myself.
I love animals and as I was growing up, much perferred their company to humans...they love unconditionally and don't disappoint you. So, of course, I don't like for people to judge me, but won't stop it from happening. When it does, I often take it to heart and beat myself up over what has been said. I try to treat everyone the way I would like to be treated. I hate when I can't controll my angry emotions and feel very disappointed in myself, even when I feel that I was justified by my reactions. I think that I become too childish when I react like that and believe as an adult, I should be able to control myself better. And I HATE that!!! Brick wall
As far as intellegence, I guess I am average. Not the smartest and not the dumbest, but I can still learn (what I want to learn it seems) and it seems to take a little longer to learn something new these days. (I blame the slower learning on chemo-brain but maybe it is just that I am getting older. Applause )
I try to learn from my mistakes and rarely make the same one twice (exactly the same way both times) but often people cause me to have the same mistake because I trust them...I'm somewhat gullable and trusting. Shhh
I am a kind, gentle person with a heart of gold (worth a lot in todays market Shhh
I love nature and am a avid photographer. I am not impulsive, but don't always think things through either.
I would just describe myself as "normal" but the way the world is changing, maybe, I'm really not "normal" anymore! Whistle