Profile: Aziz
About
User Name: Aziz
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 8:29:18 AM
Precisely in the context of Emerson view, friends are made in various phases of life from schooling to professional life and level of comfort with different friends varies from situation to situation. However, the level of comfort and frankness with old friends is greater than friends made in the later part of life, who may not be aware of all phases of one's life to be shared with them. On this analogy, life cycle would definitely been a bit of roller coaster, which i am not sure how Emerson would have it.
Topic: Correct use of Verb
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:41:05 PM
Thank you very much.
Topic: Correct use of Verb
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 12:04:51 AM
In some correspondent i see sentences e.g. "One thousand forms were got printed from the press". Is it grammatically correct?. If not, how can it be corrected, please.

Topic: How is it that the poets have said so many fine things about our first love, so few about our later love? Are their first...
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2013 9:48:56 AM
First love and first poetry both begin with "innocence". In later part, thought and experience come at the cost of innocence and shine of nostalgia.
Topic: Accountability, n.: The mother of caution.
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 8:27:22 AM
it always begins next door
Topic: The words English owes to India
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:14:06 AM
There is nothing much revealing about it, simply it is vice versa; most of these words, i am not quite sure about a few of them, originate from different sub-continental languages/dialects adopted by the English, during the colonial era.
Topic: A nation never falls but by suicide.
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:29:05 AM
There can be many ways when nations succumb to their failures. Broadly, we may define them in two categories; firstly, failure to defend against external invaders; secondly, failure to uphold unity as nation in the face internal strife leading to civil wars. The ‘suicide’ referred to in the quotation implies the later proposition. Apparently, the author is attempting to awaken the common conscience of nations to rise to the challenges, though the strategic and economic theories may help draw many different conclusions.
Topic: A nation never falls but by suicide.
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:17:25 AM
There can be many ways when nations succumb to their failures. Broadly, we may define them in two categories; firstly, failure to defend against external invaders; secondly, failure to uphold unity as nation in the face internal strife leading to civil wars. The ‘suicide’ referred to in the quotation implies the later proposition. Apparently, the author is attempting to awaken the common conscience of nations to rise to the challenges, though the strategic and economic theories may help draw different conclusions.
Topic: To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my...
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:49:29 PM
Apparently, the quote seems to be straightforward principle assuming that sharing every thought in relationship is fair and would make the bond lasting but what the MTC has expounded carries a lot of value. However, one thing that I would put before the comment of MTC to get the Charles in right context is that most often we share thoughts related to a relationship – be that a working relation – a love bond or family matter, and understanding the situations is supposedly primary education of individuals. I would be happy, if MTC can shed a light on this aspect too.
Topic: The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it...
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:55:23 AM
Perhaps the author likes to view things from the perspective of love and affiliation that one has with its own brainchild. However, some more dimensions could also be added to determine the true worth of construction and creation, for instance, the necessity, timeliness, value and undoubtedly the aesthetic gratification.