User Name: uncoverer
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 129
[0.01% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: >
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 12:07:46 PM
HTML tags are used in webpages not in emails.
"A little learning can be a dangerous thing."
Topic: Canada denies visa to Indians on 'ridiculous' grounds..
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 3:03:55 AM
Km I have been watching your jingoistic rantings for quite a while now.
I marvel at how you fudge facts and sensationalise news.
Really you are the epitome of yellow page journalism.

What you have said kisholoy are opinions kisholoy .Your opinions and the facts given by you have been half baked,put out of context and doctored to suit your needs.

However international diplomacy is not a matter of opinion lest of all yours.

I did some research and here is an article from a paper of your own country ,India.

I refuse to believe that you did not know about this article.
Clearly your not mentioning them shows how you manipulate information.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100528/jsp/frontpage/story_12496601.jsp

Excerpts:

Canada is nearly unique among countries big and small, developed and developing, in revealing to visa applicants the reason for denying them permission to enter its territory .It is this rare openness in the Canadian visa process which has now left that country’s high commission in New Delhi and its officials in Ottawa preparing for the Prime Minister’s visit with egg on their faces.

Like the US, most countries never reveal the reasons for visa denial, much less communicate those reasons to applicants in writing as Canada does. This is because every country, including India, treasures the right to admit aliens as a sovereign right which is sacrosanct....

Unlike most countries, Canada asks applicants from all over the world even for visas for short visits whether they have been in military, militia or civil defence units and whether they have served in an intelligence organisation or police force.

In Canadian application forms, this question, obviously a possible reason for being considered an undesirable alien, ranks only slightly lower as a potential disadvantage to having contracted tuberculosis or having been in close contact with someone ailing from tuberculosis of the lung.

Such questions are similar to those previously in US visa application forms demanding to know if those who want to visit America have ever been members of a communist party.

Canada has a long history of strong human rights advocacy but the questions about military service and allied matters are a relatively new additions to the visa forms after the tragic massacres by government supported militias in places like Rwanda, which shook the world's conscience...

Canada also has very liberal asylum rules, which have made it possible for suspects in political murders and human rights violations to not only get into the country but also gain permanent residence.

In recent years, however, there is an effort to prevent those who have misused Canada’s liberal traditions, such as Khalistanis and Tamil Tigers from gaining entry.

The detailed scrutiny of a broad category of applicants, including those associated with paramilitary forces as in the case of Indians who have been denied visas, is the result of these developments.

END QUOTE

I am interested as to how you put a spin on your tale this time.
This is no Western Media.
This is Indian Media.
However since you are only interested on arguing for arguing sakes I do not expect anything better from you.

Obviously incidents where the Indian Govt has denied visas can be found if one digs a little ,but I think I have made my point here.
Mr.Kisholoy:
You have a penchant for drumming up national pride and misguiding others to suit your own personal agenda.

However I refuse to believe that most of your fellow countrymen are should we say "intellectually naive" as you show yourself to be.

And since you really love defending the indefensible (as exemplified in your posts supporting incestous or grandmother marrying her grandson incident) this should keep you busy for quite a while.

Topic: Holier than thou ..& why not
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:29:05 PM
Vickster wrote:
Just because you "got some" at 16 does not make you a stud muffin especially at 50...(sorry...had to add this...lol)

Like that!!
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:13:03 PM
Anyway as much as I appreciate your attempt to derail the topic,I think we should move on to happier matters don't you think?
I would request everyone to add into this list of questions.
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:06:11 PM
kisholoy mukherjee wrote:
uncoverer wrote:
Some people can't just let go off their old friends can they?
They remain hung up on old friends because they were the last friends one had .
Happens to people who are ostracised from society in general and their peers(college or friends ) in particular.
Ingratitude is how stupidity repays kindness.

I agree wholeheartedly. Applause

One of the rare instances when we concur.
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:51:37 AM
Some people can't just let go off their old friends can they?
They remain hung up on old friends because they were the last friends one had .
Happens to people who are ostracised from society in general and their peers(college or friends ) in particular.
Ingratitude is how stupidity repays kindness.
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:32:51 AM
Correction:

Having heard only "Comfortably Numb" & "Coming Back to Life" doesn't qualify you as Pink Floyd fan.
Topic: Is multiple posting a ploy to dominate a discussion?
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:17:36 AM
By mistake,I understand and have nothing against that.Or if it is a time delayed response then also I think I don't mind.But posting 3 or more successive posts does look like to me a subterfuge to dominate the discussion.
I have seen a few members do it.
Let's hope it will not spread and brevity preserved in tfd.
Topic: Is multiple posting a ploy to dominate a discussion?
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:58:16 AM
Recently i have seen one or two members posting multiple tomes one below the other in a discussion.
While initially it could have been passed off as an exception,I find that they do it in every other topic.
The result is that when viewing a thread,all other posts usually gets squeezed in between their own posts professing their own views.
While I appreciate the liberty members have of posting as many number of times as they want breaking up a post and putting it into 3 or more successive posts is not what I would call cricket
Because of this,many members who were initially participating in the discussion tends to restrain themselves from posting in the forum and in the end the discussion becomes more like a monologue.
Is there anyway to remedy this?
Should we introduce a concept called "screen space" here in tfd and make sure that a particular member does not take up too much of it.
Topic: Now, a seven-atom transistor
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:36:42 AM
nooblet:it may work on NP-complete problems?

That is an interesting idea nooblet which nobody touched upon in the subsequent discussions.
We can only wonder though whether it will work on np complete problem.