User Name: Abu Mussab
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 31
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Logic Behind Tenses
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:15:13 AM
I would like to express my sincere appreciation to all those who replied to this post. Special thanks to Ravindra for the comprehensive breakdown which I will definitely put to use.
Topic: Logic Behind Tenses
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 4:18:32 PM
Hello Everyone,

Assuming one is teaching the various usages of the tenses to a foreigner, how does one present the logic behind using the simple past at times, and the present perfect at others, for example. In general, thee are many tenses and I wish to use a practical method in teaching them accordingly.

Looking forward to your valuable input.

Abu Mussab
Topic: This or That?
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:57:51 AM
Hello All,

Assume that I am asking a person the following question on the phone, is it acceptable to say "Is that Tom?", or should I say "Is this Tom?".

Please advise as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Abu Mussab
Topic: We are "xxxxxx" company?
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:45:37 AM
Quick question please. Let us assume that I work for The Free Dictionary company, do I write in the intro of a letter to a potential customer "We are The Free Dictionary company.."?
Topic: Best english grammer Book
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 1:23:06 AM
prakashkumar41 wrote:
Hi Geeks,

Can anybody suggest me the best grammar book to understand the English?

Regards
Prakashkumar.S

I was hoping someone would address an issue which I found to be somewhat confusing. Is is correct to say, "can anybody suggest me"?, or is there supposed to be a "to" after suggest, like, "can anyone suggest to me"?

I can't help but wonder where such a greeting came from?? "Hi Geeks"? So funny. I am sure he had a good intent. I hope so that is.
Topic: how to improve english?
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:52:46 AM
sarahhigh wrote:
I don't suppose it's not good to learn English through English songs. If you love music, you can do well by music. If you love English, you can learn English well. If you love Islam, you can learn Islam. But i don't think English is the first language of Islam. That's why I learn English from native sources. I found many English songs written by native English speakers. I don't want to learn English from an "Islam Speaker".
You are afraid of music, you might. But don't pose your fear on others. People love music, yes I know there is such music which kills people. That's why we listen to determined songs ( the songs we like ). I heard from people here and there that music could arouse their energy in doing things.
What kind of music do you like ? ( or you can say No )

Ms. Sarah,

It is very unfortunate how aggressive you have become, along with various accusations and hardcore stereotyping.

I, however, forgive you and kindly ask you to put an end to this discussion.

I have previously explained my understanding of the consequences of my actions and emphatically declared that I will avoid such an approach in the future.

Can we please agree to that?

Abu Mussab
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:24:35 PM
kisholoy mukherjee wrote:
Abu Massab,
Please try and understand that preaching a religion is not looked upon as a good thing. In fact, you will invite hostility the moment you try to do something like that. If you look at the thread 'christian prayers vs terrorism' there also you will find that it has not gone down too well with people. So I hope you understand that preaching a religion is not something that you will be encouraged to do in here, much less appreciated.
Hence, please refrain from such attempts in the future.
Your English is very good and I think we will all agree that learning a language has nothing to do with knowing 'the purpose of life'. You have derailed too much hence the negative feedbacks.
No 'holy book' for that matter is sufficient to learn any language. Or even the right starting place.

I appreciate your straightforwardness and I understand the point you're trying to send across.

Just be mindful of my noble intent and do not assume that I was trying to cause some tribulation in this lovely English forum.

Wish you all the very best.

Abu Mussab
www.youtube.com/onewaytoparadise
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:58:01 AM
sarahhigh wrote:
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Brick wall

Have you been hitting your head against the Wailing Wall?

Yes you noticed correctly. Brick wall Brick wall

You have made good point.
Abu : Your English cannot make you understand my English. How about all other people's English from different countries? They are all different from Islamic English ( or so ) . Once you have a belief, others have their believes, too. Try to persuade them starting from their background, not yours. Be intelliegent, and, at least, respect other believes and points of view, once you wish to get repect from people. I respect Islam, but I am in another religion. If you respect others' religions, they will respect yours, no higher wishes for individual's religion.

Hmm.I don't know where to begin. I could not understand your English due to the ambiguity in your speech and perhaps sentence structure errors.

Have you ever heard anyone say, "You have made good point"? I always thought you needed an "a" before good point. So consider that.

As for your allegations about me needing to be intelligent(very humble approach indeed), and that I need to respect other religions, please scroll back up to my statements and pinpoint where I disrespected anyone's belief.

Also, to what extent do you respect a Satan worshipper? Please enlighten us
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:59:31 AM
I do not wish to make anyone upset here, nor do I want to turn this to a debate. I am not denying my attempt to deliver the message of Islaam to you. I was trying to get two birds with one stone. My concept has to do with something deeper than the superficial values that humans have developed.

I do not mean to offend anyone. I assumed that since, you're all educated people, I can share my perspective on matters and leave it up to you to agree or ignore. When someone does not agree, either they correct, or they brush it aside.

What is the objective behind languages and learning them if they do not become means for us to communicate? I perceive them(languages & communication) to be harmonious and compatible.

Apologies again for those I offended. I only wish goodness for everyone.

Abu Mussab
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:25:34 AM
I am shocked at the negative feedback I received from some for simply putting in my two cents.

Each person gives advice according to what he/she found to be beneficial and practical. I believe that you all recognize the concept associated with freedom of belief and expression.

Since I found the method I mentioned to be suitable, I advised accordingly. What is the difference between my suggestion and the suggestion of the person who felt like music was the best means to learn English?

And no, I did not learn English by merely reading the Qur'aan in English.. Thank you for such wonderful assumptions. It reflects your broadmindedness and intelligence.

Abu Mussab