User Name: chovekazadborcheto
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 63
[0.01% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Game of Thrones
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 1:33:12 PM
I am yet to watch the series, but the books (4 so far) are probably the best books I've ever read...ever Pray . I think that even if the HBO version is the best show out there, it will be no mach for the George R. R. Martin's epic hardcover edition Whistle Time will show, for.. Winter is coming! Drool
Topic: Happy 4/20
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2011 4:33:59 AM
you know that you're truly celebrating 4:20 when you find this thread on 4.22 ... Whistle
Topic: TheFreeDictionary Voted "Best Reference Site!"
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:52:03 AM
cheers mates, well deserved! Dancing
Topic: How do you study?
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 5:57:45 PM
Watch Mock the Week Dancing . Works wonders, you get to know some British culture alongside actually learning English and having tons of fun. It's for upper-intermediate level though. 'Tis defintiely something I'd recommend to anyone interested in learning English.
Topic: Singles
Posted: Monday, March 7, 2011 1:30:51 PM
ROFL....literally Applause Applause
Topic: "Having rings run round him"?
Posted: Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:07:32 AM
Thanks, thar, very helpful and swift as usual Applause
Topic: "Having rings run round him"?
Posted: Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:10:01 AM
Heya fellas, how's it going?

Got a question for ye here. This is an excerpt from an article from one of Eurosport's bloggers on Gary Neville quitting football. I'm perplexed by the thingy in bold:

"However, his recent performances have been woefully embarrassing, and he was fortunate not to mar his 600th appearance for his one and only club with a red card after having rings run round him by Stoke's Matthew Etherington, something which happened again on New Year's Day when he desperately brought down West Brom's Graham Dorrans and somehow got away without conceding a penalty."

So what does that mean then, eh? Think
Topic: Tips to quit
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 5:49:21 PM
All good advices so far, I personally know two people who quit cold turkey, so it seems rather effective if you ask me. Then there's me brother, trying all kinds of stuff to quit, even duct-taped his pack so he couldn't open it...didn't work, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try all sorts of solutions, see which best fits you. My advice is: try sports. Aerobic sport that is, that involve a lot of breathing (football, swimming etc). See how your body improves drastically the longer you stay away from the little soldiers of death. I personally play football with a lot of folks who smoke. Now these fellas are quite better than me at football (I suck ;D), but just can't keep up with me and me mates who don't smoke...it's definitely heart aching to see these bright lads panting after 10 mins of jogging and saying "you guys go on I'm gonna take a break now"...pains me to see it! Boo hoo!
Topic: a comparative case
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:43:11 PM
EmadHassan wrote:

I think this is a grammar forum not a graveyard for politically smart mourners. If you have a comment on the topic go a head say it. If you don't , sit down and learn. Just leave 9/11 for those who can talk about, not teenagers!!!!!

I second that. Wake up and see on your upper left corner just under your login name, it says "The Free Dictionary Language Forums » English » English Grammar " . Quit ranting misplaced (political) nonsense.
Topic: "gotcha"
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:04:22 AM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
chovekazadborcheto, paste this kind of links between URL tags (use the Create Link button )
Code:
[url]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gotcha+journalism[/url]

This forum system truncates the links that contain some special characters like + or %.

Alrighty, will do from now on Whistle You can still copy+paste into the browser tho =P