Topic: Change Two Letters game
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:18:07 AM
shoes
Topic: Connect The Words
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:16:39 AM
October is the month of Halloween.
Topic: burning attack
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:13:36 AM
The Sheriff's department was already on scene. Every fire departments (paid or volunteer) main concern is the community they serve. People turn to us in the worst times and then want to as excaelis said some of us are fired at. As a whole, I feel like we should put our internet troubles behind us and be a community again.
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:57:36 AM
I'm not sure what was said and that is the way I want to keep it. I have never been able to get into the idea of Facebook because of how quickly I have seen things escalate to extreme levels. However, it seems like a very (as was said earlier by jacobusmaximus) childish thing to do.
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:48:29 PM
Everyone came out just fine but it was a very strange experience. It all started because of facebook.

Has anyone else seen or heard of things happening because of an internet argument?
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:02:22 AM
As many of you know, I am a volunteer firefighter. I am mentioning this because it is extremely relevant to this true story.

During everyone's much needed Memorial Day weekend several fire departments, including mine were dispatched for a structure fire on the edge of our district. Upon arrival we dragged the hoses off the truck and began fire suppression and structure entry. Once we started to fight the fire we had a group of people try to stop us! Apparently they lit the house on fire because of something said over facebook. I couldn't believe it!
They were willing to risk jail for facebook! and they did NOT want us to do our thing. d'oh!
Any thoughts?
Topic: New Project
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 10:56:04 AM
I replaced all of the plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor so that shouldn't be the problem. As for the fuel, I looked at it over the weekend and I am not getting a steady flow of fuel. In fact after I start the truck there is almost none that gets to the engine. Could it possibly be my fuel pump or maybe the injectors are clogged?
Topic: New Project
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:10:44 AM
As many of you know, I did an engine rebuild on my great grandfathers Toyota truck. Now I have a new problem.

The truck is only running on two cylinders, possibly the valves are too tight? I'm not sure where to go for this kind of thing for information but I refuse to take it for someone else to fix.

Any thoughts?
Topic: getting a phone
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 8:49:40 AM
I was given my first cell phone in the seventh grade. Most of my friends already had them but I didn't have the need for one until then. I was never home, but always at friends houses or riding four-wheelers in the woods or hunting and so my parents decided it was time for me to have one so they could contact me when they needed me to go home or to do something, or so I could contact them if something happened. Six years later, I still don't have a fancy smart phone simply because I don't know how to use one. I prefer to stay away from technology, it gives me more reason to enjoy things outside Dancing
Topic: Obama says Boy Scouts should allow gays as members
Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 9:08:42 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
chopperpilot wrote:
Quote:
Many of you who don't know, the BSA is based off of native American beliefs... It has been this way since the BSA was originally founded in England and branched into the United States.

Not exactly on-topic, but to correct this misunderstanding:

The reason many people don't know this is that it isn't true.

Lord Baden-Powell, who started the Scout movement at the beginning of the last century, based the book "Scouting for Boys" on his experiences organising boys as scouts for the British army in Africa. Absolutely nothing to do with Native American beliefs.

Possibly some American scout troops have 'adjusted' the original writings to include Native American traditions. I wouldn't know about that.

Okay, I am completely aware of who started the organization. I am completely aware of what it was based on. Let me ask you this, Are you in the organization because if not do not criticize the people who KNOW what they are talking about. I have been involved in the scouts since I was eight years old. I am a member of the Order of the ARROW which is the BSA's honor society and I am an Eagle Scout. Dont think for a second that I dont know what I am talking about.

Im sorry if I offended anyone by what I just said. It is a very sensitive issue to me and I dont like to treat it lightly. If I offended you, I want you to know that I meant no harm.