Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 234
[0.02% of all post / 0.06 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: EU-level
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:16:37 PM
Hello Guys,

I can quite make up my mind on what EU-level means. Here's the sentence "Creating EU-level living standards for the entire world by 2050 would require a six-fold increase in the size of the global economy, with potentially devastating consequences."

Does it refer to Europe's standard of living?

Thanks!
Topic: i've been seeing a trend ....
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2010 11:04:56 PM
I am guilty. I am one of those who contributes to association games and "screw it up", but I appreciate it when someone(like GG hehe) reminds me of the mechanics of the game. I would then rectify it before someone could eat my filth...

Topic: Yahoo starts Bing transition, kills Search Monkey
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 7:22:20 AM
Personally, I don't like the yahoo search engine, the interface makes me dizzy. Bing is a good search engine, you get the details of what you're looking for by entering one keyword. But preference wise, Google is my number 1 search engine.

Thanks for the link JJ, the computational word made me dizzy but when I tried it I felt like I landed to the moonDancing
Topic: What would you do?
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 7:05:47 AM
Wow thanks guys, I will surely keep a note to all of your responses.
Topic: Americans
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 7:03:53 AM
grammargeek wrote:

I suggest "Americans" because we are citizens of the United States of America.

If that is offensive to other inhabitants of North America, then I'll reconsider. But really, people living in Canada are called Canadians and people living in Mexico are called Mexicans, right? If somebody wants to refer to anyone and everyone on the continent of North America, then the term should be "North Americans," not simply "Americans."

The same goes for the inhabitants of South America. They are "South Americans." (That would include the Bolivians, JJ.) Likewise, inhabitants of Central America (including Panama) are called "Central Americans." Of course, the citizens of any South American or Central American country may be more specifically called by the name of their respective countries.

I dated a man from South America for many years. He now proudly calls himself an American, but during those first few years prior to getting his U.S. citizenship, he'd say he was South American or Uruguayan, but never simply "American."

As far as I know, no other country has the word "America" in its name besides the United States of America. Therefore, I think it is quite all right to call the citizens of the United States "Americans."

Edit: Also note that the following patriotic songs all refer to the United States of America, and to no other country that is part of North America, Central America, or South America.

"My Country, 'Tis of Thee"; also known as "America"

"America the Beautiful"

"God Bless America"

I'm looking at the same direction like you do GG...
Topic: ASSOCIATION & COMMOM LETTERS
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 9:56:45 PM
problem -- dilemma
Topic: association game
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 9:53:48 PM
tense
Topic: sort the jumbles
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 9:52:13 PM
yromme = memory

eeslap
Topic: What would you do?
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 9:44:48 PM
What would you do if you're in a situation wherein you're talking to a person who is telling you things that you don't know or don't have any idea?
Topic: First job and salary and when?
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 9:37:50 PM
Technical
Php 11,500 + travel allowance + meal allowance + incentive/month
Gave to parents, bought clothes and books