User Name: Mr. Montag
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 74
[0.01% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Critical sinus
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:32:44 PM
Raparee pretty much covered it. You sound like you are suffering from allergies, or an allergic reaction.
Again, as was suggested, cleaning your immediate environment, of, and limiting you contact to dust, is a start.
Dust is however not the only cause. Pollen, plant exposure,animals dander, diet or even fabrics (wools for example) can also be
sources of allegens. In America allergy shots and anti-histamines are available. I would look up nature solutions as Raparee suggested,
or a DE-Himidifier. This lessens the humidity, which can stop dust mites from thriving.
Topic: Whither America? -- or how to be happy in the twilight of an empire
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:00:19 PM
Margarit said : BTW, I think not enough attention is given to history in our high-school. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it", and we have, to our detriment.

I AGREE 100 % with you there. Ironic considering your highschool apparently didn't teach you about basic history. Whistle
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:51:46 PM
BTW, I'm not disputing that there is a high degree of homelessness, particularly amoungst veterans of the Vietnam war.
There was a failure to properly honor those returning from the war, both from the "left" and the "right" due to the divisive nature
of that conflict. Also, due to the heavy civilian toll on both sides in that war, many returning vets mental states were affected.
Today we call it PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder). Today's soldiers however, are treated, on the whole, much better.
The reason I even brought all this up is because Margarit specifically tied the decline of America's economy (our "whithering empire"
as the title of the post states), to such far flung reasons as our treatment of minorities, soldiers, and those on the fringe of society.
Those things are all part of American history, as are the good things. The point is, America's decline isn't because we don't treat others well.
It is due to economic reasons, excessive consumerism, and lack of fiscal discipline. If you are going to put a thesis out there, prepare
to be challenged on it. Shame on you
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:43:44 PM
Tovarish wrote:
Margarit, who's veterans a homeless?
I saw this before about veterans/ African-Americans/Hispanic treated badly, more information please?
The Australian War Veterans, past and current are protected by the DVA and are treated with the respect they deserve, like heroes.

@Tovarish: Unfortunately for Margarit, WADR, ignorance must be bliss.

I took 20 SECONDS TO FIND THIS ON THIS SITE:
(souce: the free dictionary)
The 1944 Servicemen’s Readjustment Act, or G.I. Bill of Rights, attracts praise as one of the most significant pieces of social legislation of the twentieth century for its redeeming effects on both the national economy and its beneficiaries. Academics and politicians credit the benefits offered by the bill with forestalling a widely feared post-World War II economic depression, expanding the home-owning middle class, and forever changing the nature of higher education in the United States.

A cursory look at the available statistics reveals that these later bills had an enormous influence on the lives of returning veterans, higher education, and the economy. A far greater percentage of Vietnam veterans used G.I. Bill education benefits (72 percent) than World War II veterans (51 percent) or Korean War veterans (43 percent). The government poured over 38.5 billion dollars into higher education under the Vietnam-era bills, almost two-and-a-half times the cost of the World War II G.I. Bill (when adjusted for inflation).

SO THAT'S RIGHT. MORE VIETNAM VETS BENEFITED FROM THE GI BILL THAN THOSE IN WWII. Margarit can go on and "simply not agree" all she wants.
The facts say otherwise. Perhaps people could LEARN FROM HISTORY as she says, if they actually READ IT ,instead of platitudes of care for the downtrodden.
I have little patience for this type of nonsense.

Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:22:33 AM

I didn’t state nowhere I am from Albania. Where did you read it? Probably you refer to my profile.

Your attempt to draw the common one way American – non American line does not help the case in question at all. Besides, I find your arguments not quite convincing and unsubstantial.

The way I read your comment is that we both are concerned about the present situation of the US but from different viewpoints. While some are trying to reveal the real problems which got us in this mess, the others are trying to conceal them at best. I think you should read again my posting and comment the rest of it.

[/quote]

You responded to me in red ink like I'm some schoolboy you are out to correct. Your condescending tone and attitude, frankly, are part of what drove me away from this site. Everyone out to bash America. Yes I "probably" refered to your profile. You can probably count the number of "Americans" living in Albania on one hand. You act as if it is some far reaching assumption. I simply responded to the facts availale to me!! You say we are concerned about the US from different viewpoints, yet your initial post clearly seemed to revel in America's current state of decline. You clearly are refering to me in "trying to conceal them at best" and your view of course, is the "correct one". You didn't address any of my main points, you simply brushed them aside. Yes America has flaws (homelessness of veterans). That doesn't mean the other good things are not true. Perhaps you should read my post period, I responded to you point by point. Instead it's wait..let me just ignore what you say right? You're a real "piece of work" as we say in America.
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 7:09:26 PM
I know I said I wouldn't post here anymore. I plan to stick with that, but the response here from Margarit Bamllari, well I couldn't just sit and ignore it.

I agree with many here on the state of America, and do not dispute why the perception is there. Although America has never been a real empire, more like an extension of a formerly grand one (The British).
In many ways, IMHO, America broke from many of the bad habits of the old world empires, including massive colonizations. Yes, the expansion west happened, but specifically I mean outside "her" boarders. Now onto the issue I have with what Margarit said, and I quote:

"everything what you say. US government has never been able to address big problems of the economy, never tried to integrate lower classes of American society (african – mericans, hispanics, veterans), going for unjust wars around the world, religion indoctrinating people and leaving everything on the mercy of Corporate America's hands."

And we still keep saying: We are the greatest nation on earth!?!?!?

Well done my friend.

First of all, you state you are from Albania, so I assume you are talking from the perspective of Americans with that "greatest nation on the earth" quote.
As an example of why America is great however, consider the computer network you are typing over. I won't spell that one out.

Now, to take issue with your specific claims, and falsehoods: America has taken great strides, both as a society (bottom up individuals and groups) and top down (Federal/State government) to integrate minorities into society. In fact, many people think that some minority groups would be doing better today if the Federal government hadn't perpetuated a virtual welfare state (public housing, food stamps, etc,) since the civil rights era of the 1960's. America has probably done more than any nation on earth to try and "integrate" the outsiders. America was built on this prinicpal, and has grown from it. To say otherwise completely and factually ignores the historical record. The current economic condition of the US infact, in large part comes from trying to do too much from too little, and not adapting to the current global economic reality of today's world. You said we haven't integrated Veterans. Again, totally false.
The post WWII- GI bill educated an entire generation of former military for economic stability that helped build the middle class. Even today in tough times, veterans are cared for greatly, again from a bottom up, and a top down perspective. I could go on and on, but before you dance too loudly on America's grave, we've been down before, and we've always gotten up. It's the IDEA of America that changed the world. Good people will find a way to make that idea work again. America may not always be the top economic power, or the top military power, but WE will always be a great nation. Nations have their limits, and nationalism needs to be tempered with goodwill towards others, but at the same time, I'll stand for America, thank you very much.
Topic: breast enlargements
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:04:51 PM
Well you're here? Any answers please. Honestly finding an admin is like running down a library hall screaming for help.
What gives please?
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:51:11 PM
@nnorlen: I'll make this short. I've decided (hold your applause please) not to post to TFD Language Forums.
There are many reasons, but here are a few:

The TOS says don't post objections to threads in messages, contact an administrator right? Where on this site is that info?
There isn't a single "contact an administrator" button. There is no obvious list of administrators. There is a part
of the TOS that says proper spelling, and grammar are important. Half the posts on all the threads are misspelled in the
thread title alone, ignoring the constant numerous misspellings, and poor grammar in the posts within the threads.
There is no way currently I see to delete an account, and on, and on, and on...

Having TOS isn't of much use if you don't enforce them, or give the tools needed for your users.
In short, these forums, BETA or not, are a bit of a joke. I've noticed a pattern of threads violating
the TOS, but two in one day on explicit (not vulgar) topics was the straw that broke the camel's back, for me,
so to speak.

So for everyone on here pissed off at me, I admit, I didn't handle my objections well, and apologize for my rudeness,
but I wouldn't have stepped in had the ADMINISTRATORS DONE THEIR JOBS. RANT OUT.Silenced Silenced Shhh d'oh!
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:04:33 PM
[quote=Yorker]Mr M

Since the beginning of January there have been over fifty subjects discussed here on Knowledge and Culture many extremely interesting and some quite controversial but you have chosen the last two to pass unwanted and unnecessary comments. It is your right to report back to the administractors as it is our right to ignore your posts, I shall certainly do so in the future.

@Yorker: I simply challenged people on the appropriateness of the topic, tersely so to those who questioned my right to, or correctness in doing so.
That being said, if you are going to criticize someone at least check your post for basic comprehension. I have participated in Knowledge and Culture,
and will continue to do so. I was simply challenging the appropriateness of two recent threads, as you point out. If you would ignore my posts based soley
on my opinion that violations of the site rules are occuring, by all means do so. You won't find me disappointed over the matter. Boo hoo!
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 3:08:09 PM
@ninestraycats: Gladly. Done.