Statistics
Number of Posts: 23
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The Origin of Your Nicknames
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 12:14:05 PM
Aradia: Gospel of the Witches
By: Charles G. Leland

She is the daughter of a goddess named Diana. She was the first person to teach witchcraft to the world. She was first introduced into Italian folklore by the book referenced above.

My husband added the H to it when I began using it, but he was obsessed with adding the H to everything..

Topic: What do you think love means?
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 9:56:03 AM
Kat - I thought that was beautiful..
I believe Love is respect. To never lose yourself in an argument. To always think of the other person whether they are present with you at that moment or not. I believe it is compromise, loyalty, caring, remembering that if you had a bad day, it doesn't mean the other person hasn't.
I also believe Love is a choice just as much as it is an emotion.
Topic: Circumstances of Love:How did you meet your partner??
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 9:38:40 AM
Well, my current boyfriend was a friend of my ex-husbands. I broke one of the only few rules I actually have to be with him. I had already left my husband and was beginning a really horrible divorce and child custody battle with him and all HIS friends started to help me through it. (If you knew my ex-husband, you would understand this part better)Anyway, this one particular friend of his I have gotten to know for quite some time, and we decided to get together. I believe it was one of the best decisions I have ever made, and I don't make that many. I remember always telling him that he needed to find a nice girl who wasn't shallow enough to only want what his money could offer them. He needed to find someone to talk to and to let them get to know him and find out what a great person he is.... I just didn't know eventually that would be me.. lol.
Topic: She generally gave herself very good advice (though she very seldom followed it).
Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:14:58 PM
I LOVE this quote.. It reminds me of myself. I have to do things the hard way. I'm not sure why, I just have to see where my way will get me. I have given the advice to people in the same boat, but will not follow it myself. It is always easier said than done. (( Come to think of it, that may be my motto!!)) Brick wall
Topic: Human Eye Color
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 11:02:07 AM
Ok, I have to brag about my eyes. I LOVE my eyes. They are the only decent thing my genes gave me.. lol. Around my pupil I have one ring of brown. The next ring around that is a light green color. (you can see a lot of yellow mixed in with it in direct light) and then I have a thin ring of Dark green around that.
Me and my ex-husband have almost the EXACT eyes.. lol.. so I was hoping by some crazy miracle my son would have the same eyes also, but alas.. his are only brown. Maybe I will take a closer look again tonight to see what I can see. (If I can get him to hold still long enough.)
Topic: Extras
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 10:40:42 AM
I've had it in different ways. I can easily remember it being more common when I was younger. I used to know my mom was going to have a migraine before she knew. She said I would come in the room and take my brother out and tell him he needed to be quiet and everytime I did this, she would get a migraine. I would keep my brother busy and quiet until it passed. I also remember one of my very close uncles dying when I was around 5. I had strange things happen for about a year that I told family members about. They attributed it to my imagination at such a young age, but even now I know better. I too believe everyone has this ability on some level, but I never think about where it comes from or what is responsible for it. I just know it is, and if you pay attention, it can teach you quite a few things.
Topic: Happy Birthday Dr. Suess
Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 2:14:53 PM
My son is six and I have had to read these books SO MANY times.. but I think it has helped him in school. He had a problem understanding rhyming for a while and his teacher told me to read every Dr. Seuss to him I could find. Right now he is on a rhyming kick, so maybe I will have to go find some to read to him tomorrow.
Topic: Two in one
Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 1:01:18 PM
My cat has learned to "come" and "sit" on command. Of course, not for me, for my boyfriend. BUT, I have to say I never thought it possible. I could barely teach my dog to do these.

And the cat will be sparkling clean until it dries itself off in the grass :-)
Topic: Which mythological character appeals to you?
Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:32:31 AM
pedro wrote:
I'm quite fond of the archetypal 'Trickster' - a character such as a hobgoblin that does not obey conventions but isn't necessarily always malign. He (it's usually a he) keeps us on our toes. When I have those catalogue of disaster days I'm tempted to believe he exists. It seems to be common to most mythologies.

That's Loki in Norse Mythology. I've done some study on him and he is quite an interesting character.
I know the two have nothing in common but I find it amusing anyway. While reading your signature, I remember that Loki was tied up in the end using one of his son's entrails.
Topic: Getting to know you...
Posted: Monday, March 1, 2010 1:04:20 PM
Kat wrote:
This was one of my emails today. Could be fun.
Click on Quote, delete my answer and put in your own.

1. What time is it? 10:04 Central time
2. What are you most afraid of? Snakes
3. What was the last movie that you saw in a theater? Boondock Saints 2
4. Place of birth? Pass Christian, Mississippi
5. Favorite food? I love food, so it's hard to pick a fav. I could live off of either pizza or potatoes
6. What's your natural hair color? crap brown
7. Ever eaten a bug? Not on purpose
8. Ever been toilet paper rolling? Nope
9. Love someone so much it made you cry? Yep
10. Been in a car accident? A couple but nothing major
11. Croûtons or bacon bits? CROUTONS!
12. Favorite day of the week? Friday, love my weekends
13. Favorite restaurant? Don't really have one
14. Favorite Flower? Rose
15. Favorite sport to watch? When I watched, it used to be hockey, but only when they would get into fights.
16. Favorite drink? Ice cold Coke
17. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate
18. Disney or Warner Brothers? Haven't really thought about it..
19. Ever been on a ship? Nope, don't like them
20. What color is your bedroom carpet? Ya know I don't know.. I just rented the place after my divorce, and haven't paid attention because I will move soon
21. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Just once, I was over the speed limit the entire time, I was so nervous..
22. What do you do when you are bored? Complain Applause
23. Bedtime? Whenever I get tired
24. Favorite TV show? I haven't watched TV in a awhile, and when I do it is hard to pick favorites
25. What are your favorite colors? Black and Purple
26. How many tattoos do you have? One, A black rose on my back
27. How many pets do you have? Just one mean cat now
28. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The egg..
29. What do you want to do before you die? LOTS of things.. I have my bucket list going
30. Have you ever bitten anyone? Of course, hasn't everyone..
31. Have you been to countries besides your own? No
32. Time this survey ended? 12:02 I multi-task a lot!