Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Hi :)
Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:26:07 AM
Hi,
I don't know how it works in Windows Vista, but in Windows XP for example you have to install the Polish on the Control Panel and after that you have to change the language from EN onto PL on the taskbar (below the window on the right side). Your keyboard will recognize Polish then.
Good luck :)
Topic: difference in meaning of two Polish verbs
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:00:18 AM
Thank you for your comment. It was very nice :)
Topic: difference in meaning of two Polish verbs
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 3:33:49 PM
Hi Anne

I'll try to explain the difference between these two verbs.
First of all 'dozwolić' is not used in this particular form in common language. It is rather used as an adjective 'dozwolony' and in formal language, like e.g. in traffic rules: "Na tej ulicy parkowanie jest dozwolone" (which means- You can park your car on this street) or "Palenie w tym miejscu jest niedozwolone" (Smoking is forbidden in this place.)

'Pozwolić/pozwalać' is much more common, for example: Pozwoliłam dzieciom obejrzeć telewizję. (My children are allowed watching TV now). Nie pozwoliłam ci jeść słodyczy! (I didn't allow you to eat sweets!)

I hope it helps. Unfortunately, my English isn't perfect, therefore the translation from Polish can be inaccurate, not much I hope :)

Dorota
Topic: help for correction of a few Polish sentences
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 4:20:24 AM
anne wrote:
Hello everybody,

I hope somebody would like to correct these few sentences for me.

" Zyczę Ci dobrego podrózy do Budapesztu. Niestety nigdy nie byłam tam . Ale myslę to jest też wspaniały kraj. Zresztą każdy kraj ma swoje zabytki. Spotkać innych ludzie i inny jedzenie to jest zawsze przyjemne i zabawne. W każdym razie to jest przewa w monotonii codziennie.""

I'll be very grateful for your help in advance.

anne

Hello Anne.

It will be better like this:
" Życzę Ci dobrej podróży do Budapesztu. Niestety nigdy tam nie byłam. Ale myślę, że to jest też wspaniały kraj. Zresztą każdy kraj ma swoje zabytki (perhaps: 'uroki' instead of 'zabytki'). Spotkać innych ludzi i spróbować innego jedzenia to jest zawsze przyjemne i zabawne. W każdym razie jest to przewa w codziennej monotonii.""
All the best.