User Name: blueberry
Forum Rank: Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 31
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Uganda Liberation Day
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 12:21:32 AM
26 January is the National day for both - Australia and Uganda. It is amazing how similar are the coats of arms of both countries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Australia
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Coat_of_arms_of_the_Republic_of_Uganda.svg

Topic: In free society, art is not a weapon and it does not belong to the sphere of polemics and ideology. Artists are not engineers...
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:25:10 PM
... and because art does not belong to the sphere of polemics and ideology, for most westerners, even today, the image of the Soviet reality was shaped by James Bond.
Art was used by the communist governments for communist propaganda, this is true, however art was also the vehicle for subtle and not so subtle opposition.
Topic: You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You must have a democracy in order to have a revolution.
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 8:13:33 AM
Thanks for the extract, Jean_extraterre.
Poor Chesterton was very confused. Pretentious language and dubious reasoning. He must have been popular at dinner parties, but I cannot imagne him taking part in a revolution. ... and as we know, 'democracy' is one of the most abused terms; it can mean anything you want.
Topic: It seems to me that I have always existed and that I possess memories that date back to the Pharaohs.
Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 5:42:38 AM
He sure did exist. I remember meeting him.
Applause
Topic: Man of integrity
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 6:19:15 AM
How would you define "man (or woman) of integrity"?
Topic: Vegtarianism the case for and against
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:15:03 AM
Anyone spare a thought about the farmed plants? They are stressed too, not just the animals. Happy vine does not give good grapes. The plants are over-fed, hybridized, genetically improved. They don't taste like the ones when I was little (a while ago). They are not as nutritious as they used to be. The refrigeration kills the last trace of taste and we have to compensate with spices. We eat more, and the throats are more too...
Same about the meat.
Main reason - because we make our decisions based on numbers only. Calories, acres, kilowatts, what you can measure you can control.

Eating is one of the ties with the world. It is meant to be part of a cycle. We broke this cycle.
Topic: O:)
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:40:12 AM
no, but you can boss me around.
Topic: Water Woes
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:30:06 AM
sowmyaforever wrote:
75% of the area on earth is supposed to be covered with water and yet, we have water shortage Brick wall
I only wish somebody finds a technique to make all the water human usable Pray

It is called desalination, doable, done many times. All you need is energy. Lots of it. Cant win.Pray
Topic: laughing-stock
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:21:14 AM
посмешище
Topic: a dress-conscious person/ tailor’s dummy
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:26:52 AM
a dress-conscious person - someone who is vain, pays attention to clothes for himself and others, attributes high importance to clothes
tailor's dummy - mannequin (манекен)