Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 467
[0.06% of all post / 0.16 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Blow up a balloon.
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 3:31:14 AM
I would lie to differ, both sentences are correct.

Blow up a balloon : the baloon explodes due to high pressure or due to a penetration.

Blow a balloon : inflate the baloon with air without compromising its integrity.

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." ― C.S. Lewis
Topic: I like to play ball.
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 3:25:29 AM
All variants sounds correct, with hints of difference;

I like to play ball:
I like playing ball games, be it soccer, basketball, hockey, etc.

I like to play with ball:
I like the feeling of a ball in my hands as I play with it.

I like to play with the ball.
I like the feeling of a specific ball in my hands as I twist it and turn it, throw and bonce it from the wall and catch it.

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." ― C.S. Lewis
Topic: Today is cloudy and windy?????
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2017 3:21:14 AM
Maybe:

Today is going to be rainy with winds blowing from the east.

Topic: Let's Party!!!! It's FRIDAY
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 8:12:00 AM
Well, as close as it gets, this is the 13th friday.

Topic: In a democracy the poor will have more power than the rich, because there are more of them, and the will of the majority is...
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 2:05:21 AM
Well, after two millennia, from my viewing point, Aristotle seems to be wrong. Not completely wrong, but wrong in a sense. To soften my statement even more, I'll rephrase my first sentence as "His prediction regarding power in democracy came out to be somewhat wrong."
He is correct in the sense that the people who are worse-off are more than the people who are better-off, therefore in a democracy they should be more powerful. But, I mean, the majority is not only poor, but they can be manipulated easier by the richest %1 of the population, because their means to getting good education is limited as compared to the better-off 19% of the population.
The majority, therefore, must be educated for the sake of the whole society, by collective effort of the %19; for the whole society to be strong against the best-off %1. Because, you know, sometimes the best interests of the %1 may not be completely compatible with the whole society’s best interests.
I think, in the end, I've made a very lousy verbal interpretation of my original feelings about this quote.

Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 9:41:30 AM

Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 9:29:47 AM

Topic: Five letters for robot
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 4:39:37 AM
I agree, saying "The word 'robot' has five letters." would sound better in this context.

Posted: Friday, January 27, 2017 6:06:54 AM

Topic: I am Russia
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:32:37 AM
I don't think it was ISIS.

The attacker said verses in Arabic, but he was no Arab.

He was killed after the attack. Pity, he should have been kept alive for interrogation.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.