User Name: Tovarish
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11,094
[1.29% of all post / 3.67 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: A scrub python found by police in Northern Queensland.
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:17:34 PM
A scrub python was discovered by police blocking both sides of the road near Cairns, Qld.

The police stopped traffic to let the snake be on its way.

Scrub pythons grow much larger but unfortunately they have very poor road sense, I imagine if you are that big you/they possibly think they own

the road, and end up road kill.

Long ago carpet snakes another snake in the python family were welcomed to live in the rafters of stables, they kept the mice under control and

are perfectly harmless if left alone.

https://webmail.iinet.net.au/index.php/mail
Topic: A coral reef discovered off Western Australia
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:07:42 PM
Researchers have discovered another coral reef off Western Australia.

The have named it Ningaloo and it seems to be in relatively good condition, the Indian Ocean appears to be less affected than the

Great Barrier Reef from the warn ocean temperatures of the Pacific and to some extent, the cyclonic storms.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-11/researchers-coral-mushrooms-12-million-discovery-ningaloo/9244520
Topic: word association(Psychoanalysis)
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:38:13 AM
reposess
Topic: Plebiscite for Same Sex Marriage.
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 5:23:06 AM
Well its official, as of the 7th January 2018 Same Sex couples can marry in Australia.

There were 6 attachments that I havnt read at this stage, it was only passed this evening, but it has been passed by both houses of Parliament.

The main sticking point was Free Speech, so will have to read the fine print.
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 9:39:58 PM
herbaceous
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 9:37:24 PM
Bestiality is against the law in Australia, and the argument from the No Vote campaigners that the Yes Vote would open the door to this practice is ridiculous.

Ridiculous points of view that a baker could refuse to make a wedding cake with two women or two men on the top is equally so, and if our Parliament could pass a law against

stupidity, these people would be at the beginning of the queue.

None of this is a laughing matter, however I must tell you all a joke that I, as a horsewoman found hysterical, in a very Aussie humorous way.

"A man was locked up in an outback country police jail on a bestiality charge with his Shetland pony,

at dinner time the local copper took a bucket of water and a sheaf of hay to the man,

Whats the matter?, said the copper,

If it good enough for your girlfriend it should be good enough for you".

What makes this so funny is that was actually true, maybe its only Aussie humour, I know Rom will laugh.
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 5:09:45 AM
The debates in the House of Reps is not about the Yes vote as the majority rules in our democracy, they are debating the obligations of church to refuse to marry same sex people,

weather civil law trumps cannon law, weather marriage celebrants can refuse to marry couples, can florists and bakers refuse where these opinions are are against same sex marriage.

The big question is where discrimination laws intercede in bigotry.
Topic: I am NOT a bastard
Posted: Monday, December 04, 2017 7:11:00 PM
Blast Rom, all the things that bring the heckles up on the back of my neck, misogyny. racism, violent language and bending of the truth.

I have been Trolled on TFD in the past so sympathise.

I will definitely pay more attention.
Topic: I am NOT a bastard
Posted: Monday, December 04, 2017 4:58:06 AM
Damn, all this has been going on and I have missed it, went straight through to the keeper, thats probably because I have been watching the Test and not posting.

Carry on, and I will pay more attention.
Posted: Monday, December 04, 2017 4:42:44 AM
Plumbago

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.