Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11,062
[1.31% of all post / 3.72 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: These Are Fighting Words
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:07:27 PM
Drago, thank you for the info, reminds me of the stories from the war between the states in the US, they ran out of compounds for their POW's so made a ring with flour? and any one who

stepped over the line was shot, where 'stepping over the line' came from.
Topic: Poor Lady
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:01:01 PM
Crocodiles are pre historic and quite the survival story, but like Great White sharks or any other that likes red meat, they have their own domain.

Respect for another's habitat is my policy, I dont even like water in my whiskey so I am not likely to end up on the menue.

I felt so much for this poor lady, an unsound mind and just wandering, her family would have horrific memories of her death, its so primal to think of being eaten by

another predator, other than us.

Must have been a lot of birds robbing nests Rom, sounds dodgy?
Topic: Penguin catastrophe leaves thousands of chicks dead with only 2 survivors
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:01:26 AM
Too much ice is not what we would expect, poor little things, it is devastating.
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:53:44 AM
The crocodiles and saltys were almost shot out by the 1970's, bringing in a ban on wholesale shooting, catching and relocating was implemented.

Because of these strategies the crocodile population has exploded, where citizens who live in the environments where they are common are calling for a culling.

The crocodiles are getting brazen and break into camp sites with catastrophic results, I wont comment on the culling as I am not directly effected.

Going back to the above attack, a 4 meter croc is a pretty big creature and would have been quite old.
Topic: Add Your Words to the List of "Words to Retire - 2017"
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:59:02 PM
'we're pregnant'

but please don't take 'portmanteau'

I have far too much fun with my port drinking friends with this word.
Topic: word association(Psychoanalysis)
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:00:39 PM
qwt
Topic: These Are Fighting Words
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:58:53 PM
Rom, I have head of the coffin tale with a little bell and scratches inside the lid, my elderly Aunt was terrified of being buried alive, so she opted for a cremation, I

never brought the irony to her attention, probably past caring by then anyway.

Back to boxing, why is it called a boxing ring when its square?.
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:50:02 PM
An elderly woman from Far North Queensland was taken by a crocodile, when she wandered off from a Care Home.

Last week partial remains were found on the bank of a river along with her walking stick, a search was carried out and unfortunately her

remains were found in a large crocodile captured by police and rangers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-17/human-remains-founds-in-crocodile-north-queensland/9057934
Topic: Las Vegas
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 9:20:43 PM
Sorry, I have been AWOL from TFD, and reading the latest posts gives me shivers.

Paddock's biography comes down on the side of nature considering his fathers record.

I know, every thing relates back to horses with me, but as a horse breeder I work on 80-90% of genetics comes from the mare and a fluctuating 20% from the stallion.

One thing is a given that bad traits are passed through from the stallion.

This is unfortunate for the studs that stand stallions in the mega money bracket, they should be concentrating on quality mares..
Topic: Women in Saudi Arabia can drive.
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 9:02:47 PM
Thanks Drago, I was having a bad day, I got the don't despair, but the spelling threw me on cometh, all clear now.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.