User Name: kruger
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 204
[0.02% of all post / 0.05 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Humor
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:00:12 AM
Speaking of comedians, I like Russel Peters, George Carlin, Kat Williams and Pablo Fransisco.:)
Topic: Leave please!!
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:26:56 AM
jupiter wrote:

2."As my mother in law has expired and i'm responsible for it,please grant me 2 days leave"

As my mother in law is pregnant and I am responsible for it, please grant me 2 days leave and never tell my wifeWhistle
Topic: Leave please!!
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:21:17 AM
This works for a girl working at night shifts, "I am so tired and wet with sweat that I have to go to bed and give my fluffy little pillow some head"Whistle and then say, "I just meant having a sleep"Angel
Topic: george w. bush's pronunciation patterns.
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:56:01 AM
In my opinion, I believe Mr.Obama is much better than Mr.Bush in tonality. Plus, unlike George, in a press meet, Barack has never said "War on Iran" when he was actually supposed to say "Iraq".
Topic: Humor
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:49:08 AM
Tovarish wrote:
The styles of humor are fascinating. Some I don't find funny and there are people rolling on the floor with laughter.
I find English humor very funny, a heritage thing I suppose.
I could never get Seinfeld, but found Frazier brilliant.
I don't know if many understand Aussie humor, it is really lay back and understated. Karl Baron is a great Aussie comedian.
Any comments?

Last week, I was watching the first season of Shaun Micallef program and I have to tell you, it was totally hilarious. I loved each and every single joke in the program. A few I can remember right now are the one where Shaun was asked a question about how to reduce the death rate caused by smoking to 50% and he immediately replies "let us try dividing it by two" and the other one where his mate starts breaking the wind shield of a car with a baseball bat and Shaun interrupts with all seriousness and says "be an Aussie" and then gives him a cricket bat. In my opinion, Aussie humor is pretty smooth.:)
Topic: Sachin Tendulkar, The Legend
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:37:16 AM
Isaac Samuel wrote:
chetanrocks wrote:

This issue is already discussed in another thread
Please don't mix these threads.
We can discuss your issue there. Is what I feel.

Isaac wrote:

Please give me the topic title or some link to find the thread you are alluding to.
I don't seem to find it. Thanks.

Issac, here is the link to a topic that I believe would get you what you are looking for.:) http://forum.thefreedictionary.com/postst6487_AL-Qaeda-threat.aspx
Topic: Sachin Tendulkar, The Legend
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 7:41:05 AM
24/02 Cricket match was phenomenal. Mr.Tendulkar did make history with a spectacular show of splendor. It would have been an epic and have exposed his ultimate competency if the 200 was scored in a slightly larger ground like MCG or Lords which favors the bowlers too. But he certainly would have scored that double ton in any adverse batting conditions with the flow and level of consistency he had on that day.

Spare a thought for Ricky too who is also as skillful as Sachin and stays up in top 3 at many of the world records.

And what else ?? Oh yeah. This is my 200th post too....Yippie..:-D
Topic: New Additions to TheFreeDictionary Language Forums
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:25:34 PM
Thank you.:)
Topic: Upon/on
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:23:53 PM
In my opinion, 'upon' is bit more formal than 'on' and is used mainly at writing. Try posting this topic at English Grammar section. I am sure you will get a lot of solutions.
Topic: Collection of guns
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:15:56 PM