Profile: juangaspar
About
User Name: juangaspar
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: It was all took away by the police - typical mistakes!?
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:12:31 AM
The passive voice is constructed as in this sentence. S+be+verb in past participle: "The passive voice"=S; "is"= verb BE in present tense; "constructed"= past participle of "construct". "It was all took by the police..." is wrong because the past participle of the main verb is "taken" not "took". It should read: "It was all taken by the police" I would say that was is being shown (passive voice again!) is the speaker's low schooling. And I don't have to be drinking to make mistakes with irregular verbs. I make them sometimes, especially when excited!
The mistakes I ALWAYS make are in spelling because I don't alewasy hit the correct keys on the keyboard, drink or no drink!
Topic: Can you say this?
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 9:52:26 AM
"Since" is used with perfect tenses most of the time, isn't it. Since when...?
Topic: Pet Peeves
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 9:49:50 AM
What bugs me is when people write using only capital letters. IT CAN MAKE IT HARD TO READ. Hate that!
Topic: Animal words
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:58:35 AM
Don't forget "you ass!" Not as "backside" but as the animal. Stubborn as a mule; donkey ears and the like. Then there's "to ape someone"
Topic: peachy.
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:53:19 AM
Lots of interesting material here about fruits and such. What about when somebody is "bananas" (crazy) and "nuts" (also bananas!)? And also the expression "peachy keen" which is "really good". I love this site, too. I'll be coming here often!
Topic: i'm looking for the test questions EPT
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:48:20 AM
EPT in our University is the English Placement Test which a student takes in order to find the level of his/her competence in the Enlish language and thus be able to enroll in the appropriate EFL course. What's EFL? English as a Foreign Language.
Topic: As if it was/were ? If I was/were to ?
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:38:49 AM
"Was" and "were" are interchangeable after "If I/he/she/it". There is no difference in meaning though "were" is more formal and is a subjunctive form on the verge of extinction. You can refer to almost any grammar book in the section on conditionals. Check out the Longman English Grammar by L. G. Alexander, for example.